What's new

SVS B4+ Ariving Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well it's almost here my SVS B4+ has arrived at the airport and will be delivered tomorrow(Thursday). I can feel a sick day coming on. It was delayed for 24 hours due to snow storms but I've been without a sub for 4 weeks so I'm use to being without one. Very excited.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Well alot of us are envious. Please drop back in and let us know how it all goes. I have a PB2+ and will always wonder..... should I have done the PB4? I am perfectly happy with the PB2 but you know how that mind set works...
Congrats and welcome to the SVS family. You will not be disapointed.... maybe a little shocked at first until things get tied down.... haha
Mike

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Four weeks with out a sub! You deserve the B4+ Simon.:cool: Hope you get a chance to fill us in on your assessment after you have had some time to get to know it?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Congrats on the purchase, Simon. The B4+ is a little out of my range, so I ordered Dual SVS PB2+ instead. I won't have them by Xmas but i'm excited.

I doubt there would be many B4+ owners over here in Oz. :)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Gabriel, can i come over?
Sure thing, as soon as the K2 and the Panamax 4400 comes. ;)

Just unpacked mine (had 2 other guys help me). They did an AWESOME job with it. I had them colormatch it to one of my surround speakers (gloss rosewood). Man, I'm so glad I did, definitely worth the investment.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well it arrived in it's glorious black finish. I was not prepared for the experience of owning a B4+. This has to be the best Subwoofer I have ever heard (I've owned 4). I've got one port blocker in and I tried Hulk (DTS), LOTR TT (DTS), and of course Titan AE(DTS). My place felt like it was going to collapse or take off. Never have I heard such quality bass ever and deep really deep. My hat goes off to the guys at SVS for all their advice and help and for producing such an incredible product. I've taken some pictures they will be up soon from arrival to placement I captured every moment. Got to go and re watch my dvd collection.:)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
This has to be the best Subwoofer I have ever heard (I've owned 4).

Never have I heard such quality bass ever and deep really deep.

My hat goes off to the guys at SVS for all their advice and help and for producing such an incredible product.
We all knew you wouldn't be disappointed. :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks for taking a chance on SVS - spread the good word "Down Under". :)

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Simon,

Thanks (and Gabriel too) for sharing that. The B4's continue to roll out with great popularity (serving to expand operations of our cabinet shop) and we're profoundly humbled by the idea they have quite literally ended up all around the world alredy.

Happy holidays,

Ron Stimpson

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hey Ron, how's the new factory? Heard it's alot bigger than the last one. Great to see you guys doing well as it means we'll all have years and years of killer SVS subs! :emoji_thumbsup:

...btw, do you guys sell the base plates? Mine has slight water damage and I can't find anything like that on your website.

Take care.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Derrik,

Yes we do sell them, though it's not listed on our parts page. Suffice it to say we're going to get you whatever part you need, in or out of warranty at the lowest price we can.

Drop us an e-mail and we'll get you a price with shipping out there in Lizards Breath.

And yes, the factory we just moved into (still a work in progress actually, our IT guy is just setting up our network today in fact) has been fantastic. The crew have flat out stated that had we not expanded the very week we had that the current rush of holiday orders would have, quite literally, killed them (or rather they would have killed each other?). Even though we expanded our old shop several times it just never kept pace with demand.

But "just in time" (says our accountant)is perfect timing. ;^) In this competitive market you expand and upgrade exactly when you need to and not a moment sooner. At nearly 25,000 feet2 of storage, office and assembly areas we felt we'd not need to expand again for a long time. Maybe.

The shop staff is already filling up what we have so I won't be suprised if we're moving again in a year or two. Fortunately for us towns near our current Liberty Ohio facility have factory space and skilled labor just laying idle, so we hope it's a win/win for us and the local community in a small way.

Ron

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I talked to Tom at svs and was wondering what would be better for my room, a B4+ or Dual PB2+'s. He said the output and frequency range is almost identical, but that dual pb2's would sound better in a large room because the spread between them would help even out the humps. I bought 2 of the dang things and damn, they are awesome. I would like to audition a PB4 someday, but from the quality of the SVS subs I have heard, I expect they are killer!!

Congrats, the SVS family is a loyal one!!
Chris

Richard_M

Second Unit
Congratulations on your Xmas present Simon.

I am glad it turned up okay, pity I am not in NSW as this would be great to see, can't wait for your photos.

Enjoy

Richard

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys.Yep after 2 days of testing I'm still blown away by it's authority and effortless power. I've got 2 ports blocked and it's made a huge difference much deeper. Monsters Inc. where Boo starts laughing is simple mind blowing. I'm going to have to buy seat belts for my chairs to keep people from running away when watching movies Music has never sounded so good as well. I've just put the icing on the cake and bought the Denon A11 ( Model 5900 in US) dvd player and it's a huge improvement over the 2900 much smoother sound not too bright. T3 what can I say. Every movie I have tried is like listening to it for the first time. I truly have a theatre in my home. Thanks SVS.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks