SVS Audition?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Johnal, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Johnal

Johnal Stunt Coordinator

Johnal
    Hey Guys,
    Where should I go to try and set up or find someone in my area where I can audition some SVS subs? I live in Costa Mesa and was able to go to the Hsu Research center in Anaheim, and I can not say enough good things about what I heard. I'm pretty much sold on the VTF-2, but I would still like to try and get a listen to the SVS subs. I have never heard a cylinder sub, and am quite intrigued. I've got my eye on the 25-31PCi due to it being the closest in price range to the VTF-2. Then the next closest thing in price range for SVS' box subs is their PB1-ISD. Anyway, the main thing is that I just need some advise on how I could/should go about doing this. Thanks!

-Johnal

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

3. Johnal

Johnal Stunt Coordinator

Johnal
    Thanks for the reply. How sad, I had used audioenvy before to try and schedul a Rocket audition, but I never took notice that it was with SVS too. Anyway, I checked any had no one within a 50 mile radius with the SVS' that I was interested in. Thanks again though!

-Johnal

4. Christopher_Ham

Christopher_Ham Stunt Coordinator

I live about 90 mi from you in the High Desert (Apple Valley). I have a PB2+ I can audition for you.
    Chris

[email protected]

5. Johnal

Johnal Stunt Coordinator

Johnal
    Chris,
    Thank you for the offer, and I may be interested in taking you up on the offer, but my old car may not be able to handle it so I'll see what i can do. Thanks again! [​IMG]

-Johnal

6. frank manrique

frank manrique Supporting Actor

Johnal,

Go for it, man! You'll can't go wrong choosing any SVS sub model. I bought eight (8) 16/46 passive units when SVS, Inc. first started--sight unseen...sound unheard--and haven't regret it one bit (yet I lust after one of 'em B-4+ monsters big time, which I plan to buy hopefully in the near future--sight unseen...sound unheard!).

My .02 cents... [​IMG]

-THTS