What's new

SVS as CES? (1 Viewer)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Did anyone happen to go and did SVS have a booth setup?

If so what were they showing off?

Thanks
Scott

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I never saw them under the list of vendors at the official site about a week ago. But they said they were there, but in what capacity I couldn't figure out.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Not only was SVS present at CES, they won The Reviewer's Choice Award of 2003 from Sound Stage's Home Theater Sound for the mighty 25-31PC+.

On the website, there was a nice photo of Ron S. (SVS) shaking hands with Sound Stage's Jeff Fritz, with Erik K. (SVS) in the background. Congrats and kudos to Team SVS.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
SVS was at CES this year in their own private room. Ron was in there showing off a 20-39 PC+ to new clients and possibly a PB2+. He even showed them how to tune a 20 Hz SVS to 16 Hz using the port blocker and SS switcher on the amp.

I know this because I bought that demo 20-39 PC+ from Ron when he returned to Colorado the next week and it was tuned to 16 Hz already ;) So they were there and ROn said everyone they talked to was VERY impressed (who they talk to? I don't know)...

Neal_C

Second Unit
Dang, I didn't know they had a suite. I was over at the Stewart suite getting some info...I would have stopped by.

Oh well...

Neal

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes the reports are true.

SVS was there (not everyone, but the usual scouting party for the rest of the staff).

It's a chance for us to meet with our growing communitiy of suppliers, the press and many others. New products, what other OEMs are showing, lots to see and a highly recommended trip for anyone in the business, or even if you are "just" an enthusiast.

The only problem with CES? It's the SVS groupies! It seems no matter what folks just want to talk shop, even if you haven't got a drink in your hand!

Why... if we handn't brought along a duffle bag of t-shirts to placate them, these two home theater subwoofer fans never would have left Erik Kroner and me alone!

PS, Axel, I do believe this is the business atire of the two in this picture, though I didn't ask. Also, I normally smile and wear Hawaian shirts during my work day but Sound Stage came to our suite shortly after I unpacked from a 12 hour drive to Las Vegas and hadn't had a cup of coffee yet either!

Ron

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ron,

Maybe, you misunderstood my comment? I was referring to the bat/dancer costume picture from JohnSmith :D

BTW: Has the paint already got dry on my Subs? Any shipment date in mind? ;) Just drop me an email if you have an idea. Thanks!

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Axel,

We're still on track for production on the PB1-Plus subs starting next I believe. It shouldn't be long but remember we're only behind if it ships later than 31 Jan. Even then if we miss our self-imposed deadline it won't be by much.

Ron

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Axel, something to do while you are waiting for your subs: go buy European IEC power cables, SVS will send you US cables. Tom said that there are too many types of cables for them to stock them all.

Ron, an idea for a new T-Shirt. Just a big nice pic of the TV-12 woofer on the back side. Most people don't "get it" if you walk around with some weird black tubes on your back... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks