SVS announces new sealed Ultra series sub: SB13-Ultra

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
For all you bass heads out there that enjoy the sealed sound (and are SVS fans) - looks like another competitor just entered the fray.
http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/sealed-box/sb13-ultra#.UEdcgdZlTEA
It's going to roll off a little earlier than the PB13-Ultra, however it should be a much more articulate sub when it comes to music and punchy bass.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I know HTF members tend to like SVS, but I have a hard time trusting a company that recommends a $38 1m subwoofer cable.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
All these companies operate on lower margin than big name brands. I think accessories are the items that they mark up the most - and the average svs customer probably knows about monoprice in any case.
Is the cable and rip off? Sure - but the sub definitely isn't. I would hate to see a good Internet direct manufacturer be ignored because they try to make some money on accessories.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I stil have my tem year old Svs and swear by it.
I wouldn't by that cable but see it as what movie theaters do selling popcorn for $6 a tub.
There used to be a Svs rep here, wonder were they went.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The PB13 uses an underhung driver while the new sub uses an overhung driver. More power handling, more excursion but unless they use some techniques to lower the inductance, it won't sound as good. I'd bet they did because I've used subs from their engineer before and they sounded awesome.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgiastevenson