What's new

SVS and Placement (1 Viewer)

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Seems that one of the biggest issues with your normal subwoofer is placement. Have it in the corner, or along a wall, behind the couch, use it as a coffee table, etc, etc. So does SVS have the same issues? Being as big and round as it is, I think there are more limitations to where a SVS sub can be placed in a room. So for those of you who own one, where do you put yours? Have anyone ever experimented with different locations to get better bass? Thanks.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Front corner works best for me. As long as it is against a long wall you should be fine.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I've had mine along the front wall about 4 feet from the corner, and now I have it in the front corner. The corner produces much more bass and feeling thru-out the room.
But in reality.....it is there because that is the only wife-acceptable spot.:D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Mike,

Any decent sub (one that actually produces deep bass anyway) will have placement "issues". Corners tend to work best for a number of reasons, but certainly other locations can work well. I think you'll find a 16" cylinder is much more compact than you imagine. One next to a couch, or in a corner, behind a plant, laying on it's side, whatever, they are (IMO) much less obtrusive than the large boxes with which SVS's compete. At least most our customers seem to believe that.

You have 45 days to figure out if an SVS will work well in your room, risking only shipping costs. And in the end only YOUR room will matter when testing out a sub.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks