What's new

SVS and Divas I'm done for now (1 Viewer)

David Scott

Stunt Coordinator
A big thank you to everyone who steered me in the right direction. I finally have everything up and running:
Divas 6.1's
Divas R3's (dipole surrounds)
Divas C3 (center)
Divas 2.1's (rear centers)
SVS 20-39cs (2 of em' and a Samson 700)
Denon 3802
All I can say is, going to the theater is a thing of the past. For now I'm using a PS2 for my dvd player (see my upgraditis isn't quite complete). I put in Saving Private Ryan (dts) and WOW :) ! My pictures all fell from the wall, my walls felt like they were crumbling, these things hit hard...I had to adjust the base down a bit on my Denon. Once again thanks for all the help I received here and elsewhere, time to sit back and enjoy!

Walt N

Second Unit
Good stuff, eh? I'm using Diva 6.1's, 4.1's, C3 and a pair of 16-46's with a Mackie M1400i. Simply amazing.
I auditioned many speakers before I took a chance on the Diva's and am happy to report I did better than I expected. A couple of nights ago my buddy and I spent about 3 hours swapping cables back and forth between my 6.1's and a pair of highly regarded (and more expensive) British floorstanders and that sealed it for me. The Diva's easily outperformed the others *to my ears*. Although the x-over voicing seemed to be almost identical, I heard better treble speed, detail and airiness without as much grain/harshness. Also the Diva's exhibited deeper bass response without the trace of boominess the others exhibited but the midrange/voices were a dead heat as far as I could tell. My friend still likes his speakers better but he's more into the weighty cymbal sounds that the metal tweeters deliver.
Nice thing about having so many great speakers to choose from these days, there's one out there for every taste in sound. Finding one that fits right is the trick, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks