What's new

SVS amp screenshot (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

Quick question for you guys. Take a look at this link:
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_features.htm#amp

Since I still haven't receive my subwoofer yet and the screenshot is a little blurred, can someone tell me where I need to use each ports or connections. I don't know if I am correct, on the left part of the image, there are 8 connections, LEFT and RIGHT input/output. Where are these used? Then on the upper right corner, there are 4 ports/connections. It looks like an RCA port. Where are these used?

Where will I connect my RCA bettercables?

Then I am also seeing 2 knobs above. When do we need to turn this?

Then lastly, there are 3 small ports in between the knobs the 4 RCA ports, what are these for?

Do you guys have a clearer jpeg screenshot this amp?

Sorry guys, it's just that I am so excited. :)

Ronneil

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Knobs are x-over and gain (volume). The speaker level in/outputs are used if you want to let the sub handle the blend between the mains and the sub. In this case you would not use the RCA connections, and you will feed your main speakers from the sub's outputs, setting your mains to large on your receiver. IMO, use the RCAs (line level) from your receiver's sub/lfe pre-out. These features are all rather standard for a sub. Is this your first sub? Good choice :D

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I think they have the owners manual available online for all their subs. Download the PDF and get all the info you need.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator

What setting do I need to set the crossover knob? In my yamaha rxv-1400, there are 9 crossover settings I can choose. The default setting that I saw is 80hz but can go below 40hz. So how do I set that knob?

Thanks.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Michael__M is correct, it basically recommends ... .

So, that's what I did ...

using a 15' AR subwoofer cable from BestBuy.

SVS Level = 1/2 (12 o'clock position)
SVS X-over = OFF (Disabled)
My Yamaha RX-V1300 = 90 Hz fixed

Phil

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Phil,

I am looking at this image now. What about the other RCA IN unused port(the one above your cable)? Why do we have 2 IN RCA ports and 2 RCA ports?

Thanks.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

It's basically if your Pre-AMP / AMP provides two sub low level outputs, then you can use both. But the majority of AV Receiver's like our Yamaha's only provide one low level sub output.

EDIT: Also from the SVS Manual ...

Phil

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
Don't bother with any of the other input/outputs. You will probably only use the L input with a single RCA from your LFE out on your Yammie. Read Danielson!!!

Joey_V

Second Unit
good luck neil! nice to see u opted for the 20-39PCi.. me? i just bought a 25-31PC+ from a fellow forum member (same price as my 22-31PCi - couldnt pass it up!!)... and am loving my SVS bass!

post pics and ur thoughts when u get it!! :D

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
You would need the Acoustic Research 20' Audio Cable, but you would only use one cable to run from your receiver to the sub. The other cable could be left out.

The digital coax cable would be used to connect your DVD player to your receiver to get DD & DTS sound. It transfers sound the same way as optical.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
You only need a single RCA to RCA. Some people use coaxial 75ohm (I do) because it offers better shielding compared to normal "analogue" interconnects.. useful for longer runs

No it doesn't. One is electrical, one is optical.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I will just buy that AR 20' audio cable. I wish that those 2 cables are separated. Are they? If so, I can use the other left out cable on my other room.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

The impedance of the cable, be it 75ohm or otherwise, has no bearing on the quality of the shielding.

By saying that it transfers the same way, he meant that both use the SPDIF transmission format, only the physical function of the connection is different. The transmission method is otherwise identical.

As for the adjustment knobs, ron, not sure if it was explained, but it is explained pretty well in the manual if i recall. If you use the crossover in your receiver, which you likely will, you will want to disable the crossover on the sub, by using the crossover "disabled" switch, or turning up the knob all the way. The gain dial you will use when calibrating with an SPL meter to get things at the right volume.

You should be able to pull apart stereo cable pairs just fine. Or you can get a single cable if you want.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Phil,

That is the one I was searching for at bestbuy but didn't see it. Okidocs, I'll get that instead and cheaper too.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks