What's new

SVS 25/31PCi vs Adire Dharman for HT (1 Viewer)

Gary_Sc

Agent
I am in the process of upgrading my Atlantic 220's with Paradigm Monitor/Studios and I need a new sub. My room is 14x25 and I am currently using the Atlantic Tech 222 powered sub. My use will be 100% HT and the sub will go in my dedicated basement theater. My current sub just doesn't seem to have enough "umph". I want to feel the explosions and machine gun bullets.

Since I can't audition either of these I am looking for feedback from those that have heard them. Is one going to be much better than the other? With the current SVS sale the 25/31 is $100 cheaper than the Adire. Is the Dharman a $100 better than the SVS?

Thanks.
Gary

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Retune a 25-31 to 22hz (Dharman is tuned to 22hz) and the difference definately won't be worth $100 (well at least to me it wouldn't).

Johnny Mac

Stunt Coordinator
My guess would be the Dharman will have a little bit more umph as you describe it just because it is a front firing, front ported sub. A retuned 25-31 would be close in terms of output but my guess would be it has a bit less in the tactile bass department. 100 dollars worth? Probably not. Especially if you have wood floors.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
My normally tuned 25-31PC (original) has plenty of tactile response. And I'd expect the 25-31PCi equal or better the Dharman in output >25Hz since its tuned higher. The Dharman has dual 3" ports vs the PCi's single 4" port. That's 12.5% more port area but it's also 50% more port circumference so frictional losses may negate the advantage in port area.

So in my opinion the Dharman is likely a great sub but not worth $100 more than the SVS.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Judging by the technical specifications only, it looks like the 22-31 and Dharman are very nearly equivalent in performance. I guess it depends on if you're willing to pay $100 more for a box shape and a wood finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks