SVS 25-31PCi Problems

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jeff_CusBlues, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

I was getting no output (I was using the calibration tones from my Rotel 1056 receiver to check for output) from my sub. I checked the fuse and it was blown. After I replaced the fuse, I still got no output and after about 30 seconds, I started to get rapid booms out of the sub. This occurs whether the Rotel amp is on or off. I have sent an e-mail to SVS and I'm sure they will help me out. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this type of problem.

2. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Judging by the blown fuse and the amp motor boating whether the pre/pro is on/off, it sounds like a failed component in the amp.

An email to SVS tech support is the fastest way to get resolution; SVS doesn't read the forums as frequently as they check email.

The SV subs are totally modular and are designed for easy field servicing. Replacing the amp (if that is indeed the problem), is easy and you'll be up and running again in no time flat. [​IMG]

3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

E-mailing is just what Jeff did (we don't get to the Forums as much as we'd like!), thanks Ed.

We're looking at the failure description on our end and expect to have the offending replacement part or a new sub on the way tomorrow at the latest.

Nobody (though I suppose a customer might be close ;^) takes a failed part more seriously than we do.

Ron

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Great Customer Service, as always Ron, ... though I have yet to take advantage of it since my SVS 25-31PCi (SN #00034) has been going strong pretty much everyday, ... since April 2002!!! The SVS 'grin' [​IMG] has not gone away!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Phil

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Thanks Phil,

We'd like to keep it that way of course ;^)

I have no idea where the heck Mountain View is (near a mountain I would hope) but if you are in the LA late next week, be sure to stop by one of the HTF National Meet movie night in Hollywood and let me buy you a beer.

Your assistance to folks on all sorts of bass issues is legend in SVS!

Jeff, were sending out a new amp tomorrow. Sorry for the problem, failures on amps are quite rare, not that the person affected by one should care much!

Ron

6. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Hey Ron - Mountain View is approx. 35 miles south from San Francisco, and approx. 430 miles to L.A.

Thanks for the invite and offer, but I'll have to take a rain-check for the next HTF L.A. meet that you attend in the future!

If you're in the SF Bay Area, let me know, ... and I'll buy you a beer!!! [​IMG]

Phil

7. Jeff_CusBlues

Thanks for everything Ron. I got all your messages and would have responded to the forum quicker, but I am now having problems with my high speed internet provider. They need to take a lesson from you in customer service. They can't come out for two days [​IMG] . Oh well, at least I can get on from work. Thanks again for everything.

8. Jeff_CusBlues

Well, the amp arrived last Friday (10/10) and due to a short camping excursion with the family, I didn't install it until Sunday. After about 15 minutes, of installation, I was back up and listening to excellent bass. Thanks a lot Ron and all at SVS. Also, thanks for the T-shirt.

9. Brian Elwood

Brian Elwood Stunt Coordinator

A TAD off the subject but being a new SVS owner I will also say that Cust Service is/was outstanding. THANKS

I will also say that Survivor has NEVER sounded better and I continue to be 100% blown away. It's like a whole new world!

10. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

You are most welcome Jeff.

Believe it or not, we're nearly as exasperated when an amp or woofer fails. It's rare (thankfully, with as many thousands of subs as we sell a year, anything BUT reliable subs would have killed us long ago), but it's like having a kid with a skinned knee when we hear about a problem like yours.

We want it fixed, and 100% (101% if you include that t-shirt since your sub was so new!) like yesterday.

Customers are always our biggest advertisers (via friends and family) so a broken SVS is intolerable to us.

Brian, I'll take your word for that. Never seen the show! (Or ER, or Friends, or Will and Grace, Everyone Loves Raymond... I catch bits of Family Guy since my son watches that ;^) I know... the SVS staff should get out more. Maybe I'll turn the TV on in 2005 ;^)

Take care.

Ron

11. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

wow, I am so getting one now. nothing is more important to me than customer service. If any of my client is un satisfied I would do cartwheels if it would help.

WOW, customer service to Canada close to being as good by any chance?