What's new

SVS 25-31PC+ not impressed so far (1 Viewer)

RobWil

Supporting Actor
In a 20x12 room you gotta have more options than that. I crawled around on all fours and found that none of the 4 corners were the best option. Try it mid-room near a wall and put a lamp on it :) It can't be any bigger than my Infinity IL120S! The thing doubles as a coffee table...and yes...I DO have a lamp on it!
Oh..and BTW mine sounded bad until calibration. Night and day difference.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Content Deleted!!!!

Attention Ned: If you don't have anything constructive to add to a thread, please move along, and stop threadjacking!!!!!

Thank You,
Steve Simon
HTF Administration

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Ned, I think the reason why people respond to questions that may have been already asked before is they simply like to help. I do not see anything wrong with this. I think a good majority of the threads started in the forum has been asked in some way in the past. People just want to have answers on their own individual problems. I think that is what the whole purpose of this forum is and what makes this in my view the friendliest and most helpful forum on HT. I know that when I make a post here that I will get responces and probably several of them in just a day or two. Other forums take so long to get a few responces. This is why I post here now almost exclusively. I understand your frustration, don't get me wrong, I think you just need to look at what may be the other side of the story. I also wouldn't say these threads are "stupid", your point would have been well understood without that. If anything I said upset you I apologize, it is not intended that way, it is dificult to show voice inflection with the written word. In fact maybe I mistook your post :). At any rate, have a nice day.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Why do you guys keep replying to these threads?
Ned, it's all a matter of perspective. To you, answering the same questions over and over from "unimpressed SVS owners" is apparently a poor use of time, and I suspect your stance is "why help those who cannot help themselves first". I can appreciate this viewpoint, although I do not agree with it.

From Tom and Ron's perspective - they own the company. They obviously have a vested interest in its success, and they have built their reputation for stellar customer service by - in some part - answering the same questions over and over. Imagine how a new customer would feel if Tom or Ron told him "listen, stupid - we've answered that question a hundred times in the last month and if you had half a brain and 10 seconds you could find the answer, so stop bugging me and wasting my time".

The fact that both Tom and Ron posted to this thread speaks volumes about them and their company. And Ruslan obviously appreciates the royal treatment, and believe me - he won't forget it when it comes to referring friends or possibly making another purchase in the future.

What's my motivation? I'm an SVS customer who recognizes how rare a company like SVS is. Offering an exceptional American designed and built product at a very reasonable price is only half the equation. Consistently backing it up with an almost unheard of level of private and public customer service both before and after the sale is the REAL story IMHO.

I support and help SVS customers on the net because companies like this are too good to lose, and I'm doing my part to keep them growing. They have raised the bar in the industry, and their competitors are responding in kind, and we are ALL benefitting from their presence - even non-SVS customers who end up going with excellent alternatives from HSU, Stryke, Adire, Rutledge, Servo-Drive, etc.

It might sound hokey, but some of us feel an obligation to the online HT community that extends beyond any personal benefit we might reap from it. You might liken it to asking a soldier why he joined the Marine Corps - his likely answer will be "it sure wasn't for the pay".

Regards,

Ed

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Guys,

We can now ignore Ned's comments... Back to the regularly scheduled broadcast....

RuslanM

Agent
Wow, looks like I started the war. Sorry, it wasn't intentional. I apologize if I offended any SVS loyalists or Tom and Ron in any way this wasn't intentional either. All I wanted is to get the best results and asked for a little help. All I can say is thanks to all who have done so (I wont state your names you know who you're).

Ruslan.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
RuslanM,

Don't worry about the negative comments posted. By far, most members of HTF are more than happy to help!:) :) :)

And as you can see, the moderators don't put up with inappropriate behavior/comments.

Personally, I've received a great deal of help and great information from this forum. It's the least I can do to try to help when I can.

Let us know if you make progess getting your sub set up to your satisfaction.

JimmyK

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Ruslan, congradulations on your purchase. As for the SVS, I found it to be extremely sensitive to room acoustics, much more so than my old NHT subone (which in itself is a good subwoofer). Just like real estate, I believe that the key to great bass is location, location, and location. Once I got it in a great location (2ftx1ft out from a corner) then I found what a great piece of equipment it is. As for bass passages, do yourself a favor and rent or buy Road to Perdition. The Tommy-Gun scene and the train scene produce heart-stopping bass, especially with the DTS track (DTS RULES! 'nuff said).

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Having an RSW prior to the SVS PC+2039 I noticed a huge difference between the 2. I think the RSW was punchy where the SVS blends. I have spent numberous hours calibrating and tweaking the 2 SVs PC+2039. Listening to music I have been suprised at how well they blend with the Fronts. Movie playback they were great but after calibrating them the bass is awesome. The subs have moved all over the place in ever corner and so on.

Good sound takes time and patience. its disappointing to hear a user is not happy with an SVs sub. Hope the member can find a sub that suits their needs. Good bass is essential to a HT.

scott

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Ok I have a question for those here who work for SVS, do you have a sub that would be "apartment friendly" The reason I ask is I currently have a Take 5+1 system and it sounds great in my apartment I really enjoy the sub, but at the same time I'd like to have something that when the neighbors are away I could rearrange my furniture with (exagerating of course) I was looking at 25-31PCI since it seems to be the smallest of the SVS's available, I guess I have several questions, first I'd be keeping my Take satellites which are rolled off at 90hz and using it with my Yammy RX-V730 which rolls the sub out off at 90hz, basically how would this specific model sound with these numbers would it blend well with such small satellites etc. I'm just tossing ideas around in my head here right now, if you'd like to reply to me privately you can at [email protected] Thanks alot!

RuslanM

Agent
Thanks for all positive comments! I'll try to play with the sub this weekend - I live in apartment complex so I don't want to play 75/85db LFE notes after I come from work ;). Plus, calibration takes some time - especially when something doesn't sound right. I'll keep you posted when I have some results.

Thanks,
Ruslan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks