SVS 25-31PC #00038 is no more...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by GregClarke, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GregClarke

GregClarke Stunt Coordinator

A flooded basement last month claimed a fine subwoofer. The sub will be missed by all who experienced it.

I now must replace the fronts (Paradigm Monitor 7v3) and the SVS. After living with the SVS I don't think I would happy with anything else. I'm thinking of selling the Mini Monitors and CC370 and trying the SBS-01 system with the PB10-ISD. Has anyone gone from a 25-31 to a PB10-ISD? Would an upgrade be in order? Everyone happy with SBS-01? I would like to ceiling/wall mount the speakers this time.

I'm not sure if the shipping and UPS border-robbery charge will allow me to afford SVS (I bought the 25-31 used up here in May '02 ). If not, I'm thinking the HSU Ventriloquist system with a VTF-3 MK2 or SFT-3 as there is an almost local dealer (no shipping, duties, exchange).

RIP 00038

2. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

I don't think you'll be happy going from a 25-31 to a PB-10. I've had a PB-10, which is amazing for a 10, then I went to a PB-12 NSD/v...huge difference. I'd never go back unless forced to.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I agree, I don't think the PB-10 will quite do it compared to the 25-31. PB-12 or a new 25-31 [​IMG]

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry to hear about this. #38...I probably built that myself...

Please email Ron ([email protected]) when you have the time. He may have some news about future canada orders that could interest you.

Tom V.
    SVS