What's new

SVS 20-39PCi (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
I will probably order this either tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't wait to review it for everyone, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this model yet. I'd love to hear some thoughts on it before I order, such as comparisons to the earlier 20-39PC model or reviews in general. I've only found a handful of reviews on the PCi model. I think the sub will fit quite nicely with my Def. Tech. Pro Cinema 200 system (replacing the Pro Sub 100) and my Denon 2801 receiver, not to mention the almighty X-Box. Someone talk to me about this. Keep my anxiety down. How long will it take to get the sub? Ahhh! I'll never get to sleep tonight. My mind's running with thoughts of HT nirvana. It's gonna be one helluva wait. Thanks for any posts!

Rob

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Robert, I think SVS is back to a 2-3 day turnaround on the PCi subs. Having trouble waiting already? Some of us had to wait over a month for our PCi :)
As far as comparisons go, I can only compare it to my older Klipsch KSW-200 that the SVS replaced. It blew away the Klipsch in every respect, i.e. extension, output, tone, and flatness. I was particularly impressed by the flat response of the 20-39 PCi. I tested this by playing a bass track that I recorded, with a 5-string bass doing runs all over the fretboard, and found none of the resonances that the Klipsch had. For extension and speed, I like the THX intro from Phantom Menace.
Let me sum up by saying that this sub is so awe-inspiring that lately I've been double-checking my homeowner's policy in case of house collapse!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Well, didn't have the PC but I did have the CS with the old driver. Upgraded that to the new driver and it made a tremendous difference. The upgrade was worth every penny. Tighter bass, goes a db or two louder, much heavier driver. In short, just wait. I had to wait several months to get my 20-39CS. Two or three days will be nothing. ;)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Well, didn't have the PC but I did have the CS with the old driver. Upgraded that to the new driver and it made a tremendous difference. The upgrade was worth every penny. Tighter bass, goes a db or two louder, much heavier driver. In short, just wait. I had to wait several months to get my 20-39CS. Two or three days will be nothing.

Eric C D

Second Unit
What! My sub just got dissed by it's daddy!!!
Oh, he did say it's still potent... I guess it won't have to totally pout. :frowning: And it did get some nice unexpected bass material on the Passion episode from BTVS season 2 last night.
But seriously (sorta): I've never regretted the original purchase nor the driver upgrade. And this bears repeating - none of you "late adopters" have anything to say about waits to those of us who bought over a year ago - except thanks for talking you into your new purchase. OK, unless you're trying to be patient while waiting for the PC+. ;)
Eric
P.S. When's the PC Ultra announcement?

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Well, I just ordered. I have a problem, though. I'm leaving to go on a vacation Sunday, and I'm already ready to get back because it should be here before then. I don't even want to go on my vacation now. I want my SVS. I'm counting the days, and I don't even know how many days it will be. Oh well... I hope everyone here who praises SVS is right. I'm sure it will be a vast improvement over my Def. Tech. Pro Sub 100 anyway. Later!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks