Svs 20-39pci

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Demian, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Demian

Demian Extra

I am looking for a new sub, Ron advised against the pb-10 because of the size of my room 26L x 12W x 8H, with no major openings. I listen to movies exclusively, and looking for the right sub for my system. I run Def Tech up front w/ bp10 towers and clr 2002 center. I am looking at the 20-39pci, and think the 20-39 plus would not be necessary for my needs. I am trying to justify the the extra $250 for the plus vs. a solid pci in my price range. I would love to hear some opinions or testimonials of experienced SVS owners who may save me some judgment errors. I would like to hear the opinions of other enthusiast's, your input would be greatly appreciated.[​IMG]

2. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I run a 20-39PCi with Def Techs. My room sounds similar to yours(approx 23L x 12W x 8H) but I have two big openings. The 20-39 does a great job IMO. Main thing is to get it dialed in and placed correctly in the room.

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I had a 20-39CS in a 12 x 13 bedroom. I like to listen to my movies at reference levels. The sub couldn't quite hit the levels I wanted before bottoming out. So I upgraded to duel 16-46CS+s. The + driver has a little bit more excursion which help it hit those low notes at high SPL. Now I am flat to 13hz at reference levels.

So, if you want crazy high SPL levels at low depths, the + might benefit you. The PC will give you gobs of bass, but without a subsonic filter it will try to hit way below 20hz as well, which is where I ran into a problem.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    The PCI series are excellent to use with the Def Tech line. I have heard setups with this combo and they kick it. I have the Def Tech BP20s and CLR 1000 so I know their sound and the cylinder subs do a great job blending in with the Def Tech's and they way that they fill a room. Why the cylinder though? Have you looked at their box subs too? You mentioned the PB-10. What about the PB12-ISD? or the next step up to the newer PB12-ISD/V? I like the subs with the three posts as it allows you to tune the subs to the bass you like in your room.

What did Ron recommend?

5. StevieP

StevieP Stunt Coordinator

Demian,

I also have Def Tech's, BP30s,CLR3000,BPX1.2s,and a CLR2000 for rear center, along with a 20-39PCI in a 20x15x8 room with the 20-39 in the front left corner.

Anyone that has ever heard my setup, has always said it "Sounds Better Than Being There" when listening to music, or movies.

I have to say though my recent addition of the CLR3000 for center has made a major improvement over the CLR2000 in the same position.

The SVS has always blended in perfectly with either setup.

Hope this helps,
    Steve.

6. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

While I'm not a DefTech owner, I'm currently running a 20-39PCi in an approx. 25' x 15' room. While I don't regularly listen at reference levels, it nonetheless provides a very high amount of quality bass in my room.