SVS 20-39PCi-my review

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Anderson, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    Sorry about the duplicate post. First submission indicated it did not go through.

2. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

So where's the review???????????????

3. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    First of all, thank you to everyone who has given their review of their SVS sub on this forum. It helped me decide on what subwoofer to upgrade to from my Paradigm PS-1000. With all of the positive reviews about this line of subs I just had to see what all the commotion was about. I have had my SVS for about two weeks now and I am very impressed with this amazing sub. There really isn't a lot that I can say that has not already been said but I have been floored by the amount of clean, accurate bass that it is able to reproduce. It is never boomy or unatural sounding. I have the volume on the sub at about halfway and my sub level on the preamp at -1db after calibrating with S&v's HT Tuneup disc using the DTS tones. I am afraid to turn it up anymore but I am sure it could take it. I don't have things flying off the wall yet like some others have had.
    My system consists of:
    Paradigm Ref.20's for fronts and surrounds
    Paradigm Ref CC-center chan
    Paradigm Mini Monitors-back surrounds
    Outlaw 750 and ATI 1502-amps
    Outlaw 950-preamp
    For movies I have tested out FOTR, Monsters Inc, Fifth Element(SB-DTS),Dark City, Independence Day, Star Wars-Epsiode 1 and Pearl Harbor in DTS. Pearl Harbor was what I watched tonight and the bombing sequence was really impressive. I am hearing things that I never heard before with my old sub. This SVS really plays loud and deeper than I could have imagined. My favorite so far is LOTR-simply amazing.
    For music I have listened to Steely Dan-Two Against Nature and Gaucho in DTS and Alan Parsons-On Air. The bass is very precise and clean, giving a solid foundation to the music.
    It will take me awhile to go back watch all the dvds that I have but I am looking forward to it with this sub. Thanks again to all who have contributed their thoughts on SVS and thanks to SVS for putting out such an outstanding product at an incredible value.[​IMG]

4. Murali Kalapala