Svs 20-39pc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobAlbano, Jan 6, 2002.

1. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I know you are all thinking "not another SVS review" well you got it, here it comes. I really didn't want to write this but something inside of me just needs to tell the world how great these subwoofers really are! I took delivery of my b-stock 20-39pc on Friday and have had a smile on my face that won't go away for 2 days now! What is b-stock about this anyway, there isn't a mark on this thing? One of my friends and I have this little competition going on whose HT setup sounds better and we are always trying to outgun the other. All I can say is the SVS sent him to his knee's begging for me to tell him more about SVS and how he can get one. I had read about everything that I could find on SVS in the last month and all I can say is that everything you read or hear about these subwoofers is true. I have done a lot of demoing in the last couple of months with subs and nothing that I have heard can even come close to the bass the SVS reproduces. I checked out the M&K 350 THX, Klipsch RSW12, and the Paradigm PSW2200 all in the last month. I was watching the pod race on SWPM and my girlfriend was in the next room and she said that she could feel the bass in her chest! I even got some jumping on the floor from the people who live above me to show their approval of my new toy! Thanks Tom and Ron for the great customer service you provide, giving me a couple legs up on my competition, and helping me get a little closer to getting kicked out of my apartment! At least I will still have my SVS! I was thinking that my apartment complex was going to ad a line to their pre-lease questionaire. SVS owners need not apply![​IMG]

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

A friend of mine and I both have very modest HT setups. I just demoed my week-old 20-39cs sub for him yesterday using The Phantom Menace. He could not believe all of the low bass that he had been missing. The "bigger fish" and pod race scenes blew him away.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I too have the 20-39PC and you described some very common occurances concerning the SVS. I sure get a grin on my face when a newbie gets a demo and that sub starts to shake the house!

4. Harold Leroy

Harold Leroy Stunt Coordinator

Bob, I sure don't view your comments as "not another SVS review", in fact I have been reading all I can about these subs. I just ordered mine last week and can't wiat to get them. So, keep the info coming.

Thanks and regards,

Harold

5. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

6. Raine Linton

Raine Linton Stunt Coordinator

I say credit where credit is due! My 20-39pc took my system to such a new level, I sing SVS praises whenever I can. THIS IS home theater!. [​IMG]

7. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    Not another SVS thread! I still read ALL the SVS threads even though I have had my twin 16-46pc's for over a year now! I remember how excited I was when I got mine and what an improvement it made over my old sub. Once you hear an SVS, there is no going back to the common sub.

And because of that last statement I have created a problem for myself. Since I touted SVS so much, several of my friends have bought them. In fact one of my friends bought 2 Ultra's. I do not want to listen to them because I KNOW that I will then want them. In fact I have his subs at my house until he moves into his new house at the end of the month. My wife will KILL me if I hook them up and listen to them at our house. She knows my illnes very well. So, they sit in a den unused.

Jeff

8. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

Awwww come on Jeff! Hook 'em up an tell us how much of a difference they make! I am trying to decide between the regular cs and the new cs plus line which supposedly has 80% of the output of the ultra line.

We will be looking forward to your review of the ultras!!!!!

Give in to the peer pressure!!!!!

9. Harold Leroy

Harold Leroy Stunt Coordinator

Jeff, come fire them up. Give us a comparison!! Do it!!
    [​IMG]

10. Steve Tack

Steve Tack Agent

I got a 20-39PC about 6 weeks ago and I was also blown away by how great Episode I sounds with the thing. Honestly, I don't think it sounded that good in the theater!

Have you tried Jurassic Park III yet? It's not too subtle, but whoa, some serious "neighbors are gonna call the police any minute now" stuff on there!

11. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

My uncle's an installer out in Montana. Over the holidays I had the pleasure of showing off the system (wifey can't give a rip).
    Not only was he impressed with my knowledge of the SPL meter, but the SV 20-39CS knocked his socks off.
    Bad thing is, he thinks it's ugly.
    His loss.[​IMG]
    Two words -
    Slip - Cover !!

12. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I haven't had the chance to check out JPIII yet but I can't wait to! I was kinda wondering thought, has anyone had the pc version and then upgraded to either the cs or cs_u version? I would be curious to know what their impressions were on the two versions. My home theater room is about 13x13x8 so it isn't a really big room but like everyone says you can never have too much bass![​IMG] [​IMG] Also I was thinking that if I did go with either the new cs+ or the cs_u is the equalizer needed for a room with those dementions? Caugh, Caugh, I think I'm coming down with a case SVSD! Does anyone know the cure?[​IMG]

13. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Though I thought the movie itself is weak, JP3 had some tremendous bass for my SVS to work with.
    The first ten or so minutes of Toy Story 2 are also worth revisiting with the SVS. There is some unbelievable bass in there. I did not believe it until I heard it myself. I didn't own it before but I do now.