What's new

SVS 20-39CS and Samson S700 - Lack of Bass Problem (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Yep, Tom and Ron know what they are talking about. I have to have mine set -7db just to have it within calibration levels with my twin 20-39’s! I am lucky to have an amp that lets me take it up to -5db which really blows me away at even lower listening volume levels….. but I digress until I get my full review in…
wink.gif

+7db??? No way! My house would collapse for sure!!!!!
wink.gif

Second night tonight with SVS subs! Can not wait!!!
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

Samson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron, Tom and Cliff for all your help. The sub is definitely working now. My biggest mistake was that I actually read and followed the instructions on the Pioneer manual.
This is one case where the manual only made things worse instead of helping the customer.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
RTFM?
NFW!
Great news Samson. We've not got any technical data on Pioneer's sub adjustment routine but each time I encounter it I like it less.
Use your ears and the SPL meter and get the anal electronic limiters out of the way, that's our philosophy.
After a few sessions with your new calibration, no limiters and a coulple demo scenes like in the Matrix or Toy Story 2, you'll rarely mess with your levels again. Great work.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.