What's new

SVS 20-39 or 16-46 PC/CS?! (1 Viewer)

Bo Assdale

Agent
Seriously- Are there any contenders out (that you know of) that performs better than the PB2-Plus for the "dough" that I'm giving for it ($2050)?!

I want to be sure that this is "the most bang I can get for the buck"!!

Do any of you have some SPL-readings for the PB2-Plus at a-n-y frequency?! Again thanks for all the help!! :)

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Bo,

Check out Ed's review, it's got tons of useful infos.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=146561

And I still don't have a clue where to get a "better" $2k subwoofer in Europe. Not even DIY, we don't even have decent raw drivers (except for Adire, but the local prices are insane. $400 for a 12" Shiva!). Big kudos to SVS for supporting the entire world (ie., HSU doesn't)!

Now, just go make sure that the sub will fit into your car (you'll probably want so save some cash :)). 32"x24"x30" (tall), -4" for the pallet (mine got removed at the customs), and ~150 pounds. ;)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Well I worked out the UK price for the PB2 Plus is £900. There's NOTHING in that price range.

$1200 PB2 Plus
$200 (approx) shipping
So $1400
Convert to GBP- £758
Plus 22% for VAT & Duty
=£924.

A Rel Storm is £900... and my SVS 20hz PC Plus trounces it (that cost £700)

[edit] just noticed the dollar is really weak (or pound sterling is strong) $1.8 to every £1. Great time to buy! :-D

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Now, just go make sure that the sub will fit into your car (you'll probably want so save some cash
If you pickup the sub from the airport you'll need to setup a account to be a importer- costly, and requires paperwork. Easiest method is paying direct to your door.

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
If you pickup the sub from the airport you'll need to setup a account to be a importer- costly, and requires paperwork. Easiest method is paying direct to your door.
Eh? A customs broker did that for me, I paid them VAT & customs charges, and I picked the sub from airport's warehouse. Thankfully they were done in one day... And that day was Friday! I would have engaged a black ops mission if I had to wait another weekend... :)

But it's true, I couldn't even pick the option to have it delivered to my door (at least not directly via Bax Global, brokers could have called our local guys to deliver it, tho). Perhaps since we aren't in the European Union yet? Ah, a few months to go, heh.

Bo Assdale

Agent
Rudi B- thanks a million for the review- I thought I had "vacumed" the entire Internet for reviews and so on- on SVSubs!! It is extremely helpful!

We have a trailer so transport from the local post-office isn't going to be an issue (explaining the "box" to my parents- however- is going to be a whole different ballgame! I recently promised them that i weren't going to upgrade my HT for a loooong time- they already complain a lot over my Yamaha YST sw-800 eventhough their bedroom is in the opposite end of the house- with three doors separating us... :D )

Yep- It's a g-r-e-a-t time to import a grade-A American sub!!!

P.s. I only have one spot that I can place it, though- to the left of my couch and it's a "patch" that is max. 1x1 meters! Is that "enough" space for the PB2-Plus (taking the bass-ports into consideration)

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
We have a trailer so transport from the local post-office isn't going to be an issue (explaining the "box" to my parents- however- is going to be a whole different ballgame! I recently promised them that i weren't going to upgrade my HT for a loooong time- they already complain a lot over my Yamaha YST sw-800 eventhough their bedroom is in the opposite end of the house- with three doors separating us... )
Heh. My Yammie (the same) lasted me 10 months, even though I said to myself "I'll NEVER have to upgrade the subwoofer NOW!" the day I dragged it home... I ain't 100% sure if I'm ready to say that AGAIN... :D

BTW, parents will complain less about the "boom", only the rattling closets and doors will be a problem. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks