What's new

SVS 20-39 CS+ with Crown XLS 402 OR 16-46CS+ with Samson S1000 amp? (1 Viewer)

Joe K.

Auditioning
Maybe someone can help me. I am looking at these 2 subwoofer systems (Used) The first one is about 8 months old and the second one is about 18 months old.

Also, there is a bit of a price difference. The second system being about $125 more.

Which system would be the better system?

Which Subwoofer would be the better Sub?

Which amp would be the better amp?

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I should mention that it will be used both for Home Theater and for many types of music.

Thanks

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Amps are very close to the same so its a dollars difference.
As for the subs same drivers just enlosers and tunning is different so the 16-46CS+ wins in my book. May play alittle lower in FS

Either way really from what u will notice is the 125 buck difference before sound quality. Check out the Nady amp might be cheaper and or a QSC. The sub u buying only needs 500 wattts max those amps r possibley way too much power

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I would go with the 20-39CS+ subs as they will have very good output in room to about 17hz. They will cover about 99% of the frequency's that are being used in most DVD's. They will also give you more punch in the upper hz as well as a couple more db's in total output. Good luck with your decision! :cool:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Imo ditto to what BobAlbano states. (A little more punch) I think the 20-39+ would serve you best.

Joe K.

Auditioning
Thanks to everyone for the reply.

I think I will save the bucks and go with the svs 20-39 with the crown amp. It was my first choice, but I wasn't sure.

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks