What's new

SVS 20-39 behind projection tv?? (1 Viewer)

Ray Nist

Agent
I am looking for a new subwoofer and am considering the SVS 20-39 (powered version). I know that the wife will scoff at the high tube design, but that is the one I want. I am thinking about putting it behind my projection tv in the corner of the room. My tv is sort of caddy-corner, and there is about 3-4 ft behind the tv to the corner of the walls. This seems to be a good place to 'hide' the subwoofer. My concern is that this will be detrimental to my television with so much base so close and confined behind the tv.

I know that SVS is coming out with the box subs soon, but I have not heard anything about them yet, and think it will be a compromise.

Thanks
Ray

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator

The box subs have already come out and either are shipping soon / already started shipping. See SVS News for more info.

Matthew

CarlV

Stunt Coordinator
I've had absolutley no problems at all with dual 16-46CS+ behind my 55" mits projection TV.

Go for it.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Hi, Ray.

I have dual 16-46 CS +'s right next to my Toshiba 65HDX81.

The only problem I encountered initially was that during high-bass-content music playback at high SPL's my DVD/CD player on top of the RP would skip. (The whole RP would vibrate)

I solved that by installing high compliance isolation gel-feet under the DVD player.

Ray Nist

Agent
While I am waiting to save some money to buy an SVS sub, I placed my Paradigm PS-1200 behind my tv in the corner since it seems to be am optimal spot. It rattled the tv so bad I had to move it back to its orignal spot. The picture did not distort, however, when listening at moderate levels, there was so much buzzing coming from the TV that I could not stand it. I imagine it will be even worse with the SVS.

--Ray

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Ray,
I think the cylinder subs are more attractive than people who haven't seen them in person would think. I have 16-46CS+ in my family room and two Ultras in my HT and my wife got used to them quickly. They are also a great conversation starter. I say go for the cylinder... wife be damned! Heck get the shortest one and if she complains tell her how big it could have been.

Good Luck, Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks