SVS 16-46PCi SPL Question

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Oh my gosh! You better be careful Sami. The power of dual or more can be very pleasant. He might not be your friend any more if you wont let him take his sub home. Heck come to think of it he might kype yours.

Matt if it were my decision to make I would go with the 20-39. The 16-46 would serve you well but would fall short of reference. Do you generally listen above -10 though? If the 16-46 appeals to you more then definitely go with it then. You can always ad another down the road and have the lowest of the bottom feeders. Nice position to be in imo.

Well it's time to go light-up mine and get my daily fix and TGiFriday.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I got curious about max SPL with my 16-46 PCi and managed 105dB at the very end of "Matrix Reloaded".

High level stereo connections to 40Hz Mission 753F stereo speakers running full range with Naim 72/180 pre-power stereo amps.

Dialogue was "comfortable" throughout. I simply set the sub to 12 o'clock on the gain instead of the usual 11 o'clock. Not scientific but what a ride!

The floor felt just as if it had completely melted from under my chair during many moments of the film but that ship's arrival was the real highlight. Hee hee hee!

I have a boarded floor and sit on an antique wooden "smokers chair" without a cushion! You people with soft armchairs and sofas just don't know what you're missing! No wonder you need your "butts kicked"!

This was the first time I've seen this DVD and I was bathed in sweat at the end! No wonder! Wow!

ChrisBee

http://mysite.freeserve.com/svs_pci_music/index.jhtml

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

I may be wrong on this, but isn't maximum reference level for the LFE channel 115 dB? Isn't it 105 for the 5 full range channels and 115 dB for the LFE channel?

Matt

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huzaifa