What's new

SVS 16-46 CS+/PC+ frequency response? (1 Viewer)

MikaelG

Agent
Has anyone measured either the CS+ or PC+ max output? I'm particulary insterested how loud it's able to play a 10 to 30 Hz sweep...

thanx in advance

Tom Fl

Grip
I can't really answer your question but I will volunteer to be in the room when a 10-30Hz sweep is played on a 16-46. Might have to visit the dentist afterwards, though.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
This is a completely inadvisable test. A continuous tone sweep is a tool to evaluate the FR of a speaker, the effects of various filter points, and the effects of room placement and associated peaks and nulls.

Subwoofers are not designed to be continuous output devices - playing a continuous tone at high volumes will FRY the VC in short order. Leave the max output testing to Tom Nousaine.

I always run my FR sweeps at a safe 80 dB. My 1/12 octave 10-100 Hz sweep lasts about 6 minutes.

With that said, max output of a subwoofer is affected by room size and volume, openings to other rooms, subwoofer placement, the distance to the mic, and what distortion limit the user is specifying. For example, I think Nousaine runs his subs in a 7500 ft3 room at 2 meters at a 10% THD limit.

So you really didn't specify enough information to provide a "ballpark" answer. If I was going to take a shot - the 20-39PC+ or 20-39CS+ should be capable of clean 115 dB bass peaks in the 25-30 Hz range for HT applications in a 2000-2500 ft3 room.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks