What's new

SV12 enclosure pics (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Here are some pics of the dual SV12 cabinets which I built to pull double duty as stands for my Emeralds. The cabinets are 3.4ft^3 sealed enclosures measuring 25.5" tall x 15" wide x 22" deep. I will be adding solid 3/4" red oak to the sides finished the same as the Emeralds once the weather cools off a bit.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my latest project.
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed
Brian
------------------

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
OUTSTANDING! I can't wait to see the final pics.
What do you power them with? Do you equalize them? If so how?

Julian Data

Second Unit
Brian,
EXCELLENT WORK!
icon14.gif

------------------

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
Wow those look great, Im sure they'll look even better with the oak although I must say they look pretty darn good how they are now.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm powering them both with ACI's PSA1 plate amp. This is basically the same amp as the KG-5150 that Madisound sells with two notable differences. The PSA1 comes with a crossover defeat switch as well as a bass boost defeat switch. From the pictures and the specs on the Madisound website the 5150 doesn't appear to have either of these features. The amps are mounted in a separate enclosure so that I can upgrade amplification at a later date.
At this time I am not using any equalization, but I do plan on taking measurements with my Rat Shack meter and Stryke Bass Zone CD.
Brian
------------------

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Ken,
The paint is Olympic Kettle Black latex paint in an eggshell finish.
Pat,
Don't get me started on those damn gates!
Brian
------------------

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Thanks everyone,
As an aside, here's a couple of pictures of an SV10 subwoofer with the PSA1 amp in a 1ft^3 sealed enclosure than an aquaintance built. I wish this had been around back when there was so much discussion about 10" drivers.
Link Removed Link Removed
Brian
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks