What's new

SV What if? (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
What if SV Subwoofer came out with a decked out subwoofer for your PC? Would you be interested in buying it?

Just curious really and no they don't having any thing like this in the fuure line up.

Parker

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I'm still saving up my pennies for my first so I can't totally speak for it but my impression would be that it might cheapen the line. Comp speaker setups generally aren't very impressive when compared to decent mid end HT stuff. I owned a set of Klipsch v2-400 Promedias and I thought they rocked till I heard some HT stuff for the first time at a CC.

I think a person's best bet for a sub via PC would be to go inexpensive receiver @ say $100 and a b-stock 25-31Pci.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting question Parker. Every Sub for my computer has fallen way short of true subwoofer quality. The computer speaker market tends to aim for the smaller the better so the (sub) woofer and I leave sub off purposely has to handle 150hz and down or possibly higher freq resp. If it were feasible and priced right I would go for it. Knowing it was an SVS would sell me sight unseen.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
if you arent worried about size then just use a regular powered svs sub, and if you want to talk about an SVS built computer subwoofer with a similar size to regular computer subs then you either have to sacrifice performance or go the route of sunfire subs, whose design philosophy SVS has never been a fan of.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
It's not that serious to me to crave SVS for a computer system. But that's just me. However, I do own a 16 - 46pci for my home setup.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah - don't forget that it's a partially cannabalized market in that people that DO demand sonic performance from a PC just hookup their soundcard to their receiver. Therefore the same speaker set is shared and the dedicated comp sub is no longer needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks