What's new

SV Subwoofer's Phone Number? (1 Viewer)

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it's on the site, but I can't find it. Does anyone have the phone number to SVS? Also, where do the subs ship from? I'm trying to determine shipping time.

Thanks!

Martice

Screenwriter
SVS communicates primarily via e-mail but the time inwhich they return e-mails is almost as good as calling them.

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
listen, e-mail responses are more than reasonably quick from SVS, believe me, I've bomabarded them w/questions, and still, I can't make up my mind as to 16-69PC or 16-49CS. They've been very good to patiently answer my questions no matter how nit picky!

Angel

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
The subs ship out of Ohio! I know Cause I had to pay tax :frowning:
Rob

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I much prefer communicating via e-mail when it comes to on-line merchants. At least I have a hard copy of the communication in case of disagreements down the road. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but back up is always nice.

Todd_B

Second Unit
..if it is ship time you are worried about, then you will be glad to hear this.
I ordered my 20-39 the day after Thanksgiving and the sub was sitting in my HT the very next Tuesday.
Can't beat that w/a stick!
;)
Todd B

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
no voice number, fax is (330-793-8183).
any sub ordered in the last couple days and not shipped, should be going out this week(Friday at the latest) I apologize for the possible couple day delay. We've had a 150-250% increase in orders over the past 4-6 weeks or so. Some our our vendors are just beginning to catch up to our inventory demands.(they ain't complaining though :) )
TV

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been questioning Tom all morning and he's still hanging in there with me. Thakns for the patience Tom.

Okay, we're down to the 16-46 and the 20-39. Probably gonna go with the powered version. Having around 3000 cft. to fill, I want to feel each and every hit that is intended to do so, but I still want the 2 channel music to sound good. For this, you recommend the 20-39 right?

Just got an email from you with what sounded like a great way to do it.

I should mention that I have availble at my disposal, if I want it, an MK sub. I'm not sure on the exact model, but it was something like MK V-70? It had about a 10 or 12" woofer. Measured about 19x19x21 deep. Whould this be good to use with the SVS?

Ordering today!

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
Stimson and Vodhanel I believe...founders of SVS
Don't think this influences the advice they give on the forum though. What I have read has all been extraordinarily impartial. Nary a mention of SVS if it won't suit someone's needs.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
gomez and scott-
go with the CS versions with the Samson amp. this way you can add a second sub later on without having to buy another amp. i wish i had the $$ at the time, but im "stuck" :laugh: with a 25-31PC. :)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
S=Sleep

V=Very

S=Seldom

And FWIW we often call folks that for whatever reason are not comfortable ordering on the web (increasingly rare). We'd much rather put the money a phone staff would cost into better subs. Since we rarely go more than a few hours with comprehensive e-mail response (sometimes minutes!) we feel this is an adequate way to support the bulk of customer questions.

At the rate we're growing, an subhuman-trained phone cadre can't be too far in the future. They'd have to be "the SVS of phone staffs" though, so we don't take that challenge lightly.

Ron

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
FWIW, I run an Internet business too and can attest to the costs of phone staffing. Our margins are already paper thin and when ppl call us, well, there goes that :) I inagine it's the same for SVS...
Ron, how often do you have your e-mail client check for new messages? Like once every minute!? hehe
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks