What's new

Suvivor 3: Premiere Date? (1 Viewer)

Dan Paolozza

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any idea (give or take a week) when the next survivor series begins? Can't find any indication on the CBS website.
I wonder why it is absent among the ridiculous hype around every other show's season premiere.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I think it is October 11. I saw it on a commercial on Global a couple weeks ago.
------------------
Regards,
Daryl

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why it is absent among the ridiculous hype around every other show's season premiere.

I think a lot of other shows start sooner. Plus it doesn't need to be as hyped I think, many people will actively find out the start date themselves.
/Mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think there are several factors why this season, for a lot of shows, are starting late, though if you look at the past several years, an October start is not exactly rare (and the Simpson's season once started on November 1).
1) The odds were that there was going to be a writer's and/or actor's strike so some shows got off a late production start (though some got an early start).
2) In the past the baseball playoffs were usually on one or two networks while the World Series might be on a third network. Since all of this year's playoffs and WS games are on FOX, this only explains why almost all of Fox's new shows debut late October/early November.
3) As far as Survivor, since it's a limited series (13 episodes I think) CBS proabably want to make sure the bulk of the episode run through November sweeps.
Unless they have a week off somewhere or add a mid-season recap, the 13th episode will fall on January 3.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks