What's new

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
No shipping notice yet. I'm freaking out a little here! I did order about 2 days after the sale went up though and they said first come first shipped. Not to mention they are sending it to Canada and are probably treating international ones different.
Still. Looking forward to my CAV. Dusting off my LaserDisc player. I may be confused now from the anticipation.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I wouldn't worry too much. The official release date is STILL December 31st. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have not received a shipping notice yet, either, so I wouldn't worry too much. I placed my order on August 25th -- not sure when it originally went up for order.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Looks like their shipping situation is a shitshow. Perfect idea to take vacation 2 days after their most important release in a decade ships....

https://www.facebook.com/synapsefilms/posts/1868476303180366

Synapse Films’ offices will be closing for the holiday break on December 15, 2017. During this time, we will not be open, and calls and messages to our office may not be answered until we return on January 2, 2018.
Any orders placed via our website, after noon (12pm) Eastern Time on Thursday, December 14th, 2017 will be filled shortly after we return for the new year. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your CAV SUSPIRIA Steelbook shipment during the holiday, please contact CAV Distribution at (650) 588-2228, or email them at: [email protected]

Also, passing blame to your distributor? Total minor league rookie move. I didn't order from CAVD, I ordered from Synapse.

Also, shipping to people who ordered in October before August orders? LOL.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
So, this situation is like I’m looking up and around anxiously for my order, unable to see. There is only a strange fluttering sound—and then suddenly my own dog eats my throat.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Looks like their shipping situation is a shitshow. Perfect idea to take vacation 2 days after their most important release in a decade ships....

https://www.facebook.com/synapsefilms/posts/1868476303180366

Synapse Films’ offices will be closing for the holiday break on December 15, 2017. During this time, we will not be open, and calls and messages to our office may not be answered until we return on January 2, 2018.
Any orders placed via our website, after noon (12pm) Eastern Time on Thursday, December 14th, 2017 will be filled shortly after we return for the new year. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your CAV SUSPIRIA Steelbook shipment during the holiday, please contact CAV Distribution at (650) 588-2228, or email them at: [email protected]

Also, passing blame to your distributor? Total minor league rookie move. I didn't order from CAVD, I ordered from Synapse.

Also, shipping to people who ordered in October before August orders? LOL.
I ordered 8/25 and mine will be here on Monday according to USPS tracking.

Don May said that CAV is handling distribution of this due to the fact that he has trouble with his leg and can't stand for long periods of time. That would leave one person to ship 6,000 discs. Personally, I'm happy that CAV is handling it as they'll be able to get these to people quicker (larger staff). CAV has been in business for decades now, so I'm confident they know what they're doing.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Based solely upon the quality of their previous releases (and the apparent quiet, diligent and lengthy work on this release), I'm sure that the wait will be worthwhile even if it's an extra couple of weeks - I placed the preorder without any specific delivery date stated. It will be Xmas ;) whenever it arrives as I am sure that they are doing the best the can.:)

Regards,

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
This thread is far more pleasant to read than the one on another forum that shall remain nameless. My set is due to arrive tonight. I can't wait to dig into it and see what Synapse has been working on for so many years. I'd say it's like Christmas except that, well, you know. ;)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I don't have a shipping notice yet, ordered on August 25, 2017. Looking forward to seeing this whenever it arrives.

The last thing I saw from CAV is that they were planning on shipping out the remainder of the discs they had yet to ship on Monday. That was second-hand from someone, elsewhere on the Net, though, so don't consider it gospel. It's also possible that your spam filter caught the notice, since it was likely from a sender that was previously unknown to you. It happens. I hope you either hear something soon or get a surprise in your mailbox in the next day or two.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The last thing I saw from CAV is that they were planning on shipping out the remainder of the discs they had yet to ship on Monday. That was second-hand from someone, elsewhere on the Net, though, so don't consider it gospel. It's also possible that your spam filter caught the notice, since it was likely from a sender that was previously unknown to you. It happens. I hope you either hear something soon or get a surprise in your mailbox in the next day or two.
Having ordered a fair number of limited edition movies or soundtracks over the years, I've been on both ends of the situation before. I've been unhappy seeing people already getting theirs when mine hasn't even shipped and I've been one of the lucky early recipients BUT I've never been burned by a company so to those waiting, I'd also say to not worry.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don't have a shipping notice yet, ordered on August 25, 2017. Looking forward to seeing this whenever it arrives.

We are in the same boat. As long as mine ships before the end of the year, I'll be happy. I have waited this long for Suspiria on BD, so a few more days isn't the end of the world.

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
They are shipping nearly 6000 of these. It would take time on a specialty item even with a big company. Ordered on August 27th and got my notification Friday night. Now I am stalking it like an ex on Facebook (He's not right for you, Becky!). It has not budged from the warehouse yet or USPS is just slow with their tracking updates.
It is odd that the first come first shipped is messed up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks