What's new

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Maybe there was a typo in your zip code and it thought it was shipping to Latvia.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The 96/24 4-channel track on SUSPIRIA really is a revelation. There are all sorts of little details and nuances to the soundtrack that I'd never noticed before that come through crystal-clear here, not to mention the surround mix itself which is a doozy.

Vincent
You got an advance copy?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
You got an advance copy?

He worked on the restoration. We're getting news about this one straight from the horse's mouth. :)

As for the shipping, $6 really isn't expensive if you take into consideration that Synapse isn't exactly sending things out in bulk like Amazon and, if their website is accurate, they pack them with a little more care so that the steelbook packaging arrives in pristine shape. This is the first time I've ordered directly from Synapse, so perhaps someone who has more experience with that can chime in.

From their website:
Synapse Films personally and securely wraps/packs/insures and ships each and every Steelbook® individually with additional packing necessary to keep it safe on its way to your shipping location. We even hand deliver them ourselves to the post office.

Stencil

Grip
Real Name
Randy
He worked on the restoration. We're getting news about this one straight from the horse's mouth. :)

As for the shipping, $6 really isn't expensive if you take into consideration that Synapse isn't exactly sending things out in bulk like Amazon and, if their website is accurate, they pack them with a little more care so that the steelbook packaging arrives in pristine shape. This is the first time I've ordered directly from Synapse, so perhaps someone who has more experience with that can chime in.

From their website:
Ive recently ordered their steel books of Tenebrae and Phenomena and they were carefully packed in bubble wrap and a size appropriate box. Both showed up looking perfect. Well worth the $6

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does anyone know the differences that exist between the Synapse release and the TLE restored edition which is coming to the UK in late November, I am thinking that one does not have the original 4 track sound but other than that, what differences? Colour timing? Extra content?

It’s been a great year for Argento fans, we have had Phenomena, Deep Red and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage boxsets, early next year we will see Cat O’ Nine Tails, I have high hopes that next year we shall get new 4K OCN editions of Opera and Four Flies On Grey Velvet.

Last edited:

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Does anyone know the differences that exist between the Synapse release and the TLE restored edition which is coming to the UK in late November, I am thinking that one does not have the original 4 track sound but other than that, what differences? Colour timing? Extra content?

It’s been a great year for Argento fans, we have had Phenomena, Deep Red and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage boxsets, early next year we will see Cat O’ Nine Tails, I have high hopes that next year we shall get new 4K OCN editions of Opera and Four Flies On Grey Velvet.
Oh boy, this can of worms. Both are from the same scan, but only the Synapse release involved Tovoli in the color timing.

As for the other Argentos, Scorpion Releasing is releasing Opera from a new 2K scan. The single disc version is up for pre-order at Amazon, while a 2 or 3 disc special edition is coming early next year and will only be available from Diabolik DVD and Ronin Flix

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Oh boy, this can of worms. Both are from the same scan, but only the Synapse release involved Tovoli in the color timing.

As for the other Argentos, Scorpion Releasing is releasing Opera from a new 2K scan. The single disc version is up for pre-order at Amazon, while a 2 or 3 disc special edition is coming early next year and will only be available from Diabolik DVD and Ronin Flix
I cannot find the pre-order for Opera on Amazon. Do you have a link?

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

I ordered the Synapse version when it became available, and I've also contributed on Indiegogo to get the UK UHD version... It'll be interesting to see which version is superior. I suspect it'll be the Synapse... The UHD disc might be great, but after reading the various explanations for not including HDR, I'm not overtly convinced. I can predict keeping the Synapse and eBaying the UK disc...

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Thanks for the heads up for the multi disc Opera. I'll happily wait. Diabolik are great

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up for the multi disc Opera. I'll happily wait. Diabolik are great
Scorpion are doing the same with Soavi's The Church and The Sect. Regular editions first, with special editions sold only at Diabolik and Ronin Flix at some later date.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I purchased and watched the Italian 4K UHD disc of SUSPIRIA. I'm surprised it's not being released in the US.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
English and Italian tracks. Subtitles on the Italian tracks.
It looks great except there are times usually long shots where it looks a bit blurry. The English track....there was a slight noise ( a hum) that i was surprised to hear during quieter moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks