What's new

Suspense or Father Knows Best? (1 Viewer)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Trying to decide how to spend some Christmas money here and could use some advice.

I'm torn between getting the Suspense Ultimate Collection (all three volumes) or Season One of Father Knows Best. I know you could not pick two more different shows, but it goes to my current collection focus of picking up what I can from the 1950s.

As far as exposure, I've only seen one episode of Father Knows Best, I seem to recall it being about an essay the daughter wrote about her father and what he would be told when he got to Heaven. Suspense I've never seen, but do remember quite fondly the radio show the series is based on.

So... looking for some direction here. Not sure when I'll be purchasing, perhaps in the next month or so, but would appreciate any advice that can be offered.

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Go with FATHER KNOWS BEST.

SUSPENSE was a fine show, but FKB has held up better over time. The DVD releases are better, too.

FKB actually got better as the show went on -- the comedy got funnier, the drama more believable, and the acting excellent.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Turns out, I did. I actually got both Lassie Anniversary Set and Season One of FKB. Can't wait to check it out.

But make no mistake, Suspense is still in my sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks