What's new

Susie-Q in Super Audio for You! (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Justin, there are eight CCR K2 CDs, not five.
Thanks for the information Keith. The Chronical boxset is spread over 6 discs and supposedly has all of their material, so apparently they have broken up the albums across the six discs (easily done due to the short nature of many of their records). This is a no no for me as I perfer to have each album seperately as they were originally released as opposed to a compilation. I will pick up the five discs BMG has then try to hunt down the rest later.

J

Joe Cole

Second Unit
My CCR 'Suzy Q' SACD arrived on Thursday, a day late due to the ice storm on the east coast.

The only tracks I liked music wise are I put a spell on you and Suzy Q. The others are good and I am sure will grow on me but having been in HS during the mid-late 60's I don't remember them.

Suzy Q sounds unbelievable. Better than the one Stones SACD I have High Tides and Green Grass and that is so.....analog with kick.

Suzy Q on vinyl never sounded this good to me (if my memory serves me well) back in the early mid 70s when I first was getting into 'hi-fi' and some one expensive equipment. It is open and clear and its like I am right there 'man'. Right there in the room where CCR was playing live. The other tracks sound the same to me as well. But the effect is not as strong because I remember SQ as a very favorite rock song from H.S.

I'll probably get a couple of other CCR SACDs now.

I'd love to here Revolver and Rubber Soul on SACD but it is doubtful......sad

Hey how about some early Jefferson Airplane? SACD might just bring too much light to some of the playing quality though....still.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
how do the ccr sacd's[redbook layer]compare to the fantasy remasters of a year or so ago?

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting for my copy of Green River... Maybe it'll show up today.

Joe Cole said:
Hey how about some early Jefferson Airplane? SACD might just bring too much light to some of the playing quality though....still.
Although far different styles at this point, Jorma Kaukonen's Blue Country Heart m/c sacd is quite good.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee said:

The price is pretty steep, but I look at it as the same deal as the old DCC Gold CDs (RIP). I found the price of those worthwhile for those albums I liked enough to want the best version of.
Yeah, and look at what some of those CCR DCC gold CDs are selling for now. Some sealed copies go for $45 and up on eBay.

Justin,

I recommend you go for the separate K2 CDs. I don't like having albums combined on one disc.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Yeah, and look at what some of those CCR DCC gold CDs are selling for now. Some sealed copies go for $45 and up on eBay.
No kidding. As it stands, I'd be much better off today if I'd invested in DCC and MSFL gold discs in the late 90's instead of my 401(k).

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks