What's new

Susan Tyrrell dead at 67 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
By chance, "Fat City" (1972) will be on TCM tonight!
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055651

Unconventional thesp Susan Tyrrell, who was Oscar-nommed for her supporting actress role in John Huston's "Fat City," died Sunday, according to her website. The cult actress, who often played whores, crazies and grotesques, was 67.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Now, you put the T in tough! So hard you could've been eating nails for breakfast! But that's the way a woman's got to be these days."
I'm guessing the lack of responses to this thread is due to a) being in After Hours instead of the Movies forum, and b) she was the sort of actress you see in a lot of stuff without necessarily knowing by name. It certainly isn't a reflection of her talent.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
From the link:

She told the Los Angeles Weekly in 2000, "The last thing my mother said to me was, 'SuSu, your life is a celebration of everything that is cheap and tawdry.' I've always liked that, and I've always tried to live up to it."
In 2000, she contracted a rare blood disease and had both legs amputated. Nonetheless, she continued to appear in films such as Larry Charles' "Masked and Anonymous" and most recently appeared in Nathan and David Zellner's "Kid-Thing."
Love the quote from her mother and I wonder what disease caused her to lose her legs. I did not recognize the name, but once I searched for image I can say I've seen her work many times. RIP

296e944f_susan-tyrrell-6-sized.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.