What's new

Survivor South Pacific official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am just sickened Cochran is still in this game.

He's a little Woody Allen weasel. Patrick said it

perfectly in that he's being used as a pawn and

too stupid to realize it.

Strutting around in Coach's jacket was just a
huge embarrassment.

Can't wait till he goes home.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Why all the Cochran hate? Seems like his tribe considered him a weak pansy and let him know every chance they got. I'm glad the guy stuck it to the alphas. Obviously a guy like him will never win the game of Survivor with all the pre-conceived notions about folks like him, so the best he can do is to cause some controversy and drama. And he's done that in spades. Go Johnny Cochran!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Actually Mike I think you are wrong; he really could have won the whole thing if he had thought things out. Within his own tribe he had worked a mini alliance to oust the one female player earlier in the game and had they been able to push out the other tribe he could have used the mini alliance to get to the finals. His real problem is he has played a poor social game. Once that mini alliance had worked the first time he should have spent his time strengthening that alliance for when he needed it next.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I can see several scenarios where Cochran gets to the finals..... The alpha tribe knows that the other tribe see him as the traitor, and would never vote for him to win the whole thing. It is a good strategy bring the most disliked member to the finals, to ensure there is not a Tina vote where a hanger on who is popular gets the money. Coach seems to be smart this season, and if he figures it out, I can see Cochran being brought along to the finals. He is no threat to ever win any of the challenges, so those who are trying to get through by winning the challenges would be better off voting off someone who could beat them. Also, it seems like he was on the bottom of the peaking order before the vote - so he did buy himself some time by doing the flip. If they would have drawn stones and someone on the other side got voted off - he was going to be one of the first to go once they got rid of that tribe. Now - he could be one of the first to go once his old tribe is ousted, but the smarter player will bring him along as a person who will not get any votes from the other tribe.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
ChristopherG said:
My sentiments exactly. Am I the only one that thinks Ozzy could lose to anyone that comes to redemption island? I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose to Dawn. The only "excitement" : http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/15/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/survivor-whitney-duncan-almost-divorced-ppl/index.html , really is not that "exciting" as they really did not show any in depth evidence of this on the show.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Generally these days I am doing other things while

watching Survivor. Either doing laundry, pushups,

paying bills -- or whatever. Since it's not keeping

my interest it's becoming more of a radio show than

television.

Don't mind the people put out of the game this week.

Will laugh if Ozzy gets beaten by a woman in the
next Redemption Island challenge.

Right now I am rooting for Coach, which is quite an

amazing thing to say.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'll share that when Ozzie lost both my kids and I shouted "Ugh!" while my wife shouted "Yeah!" (she thinks he's a cutie despite being a chest thumping fool).

This was a strength and endurance challenge. I'd think it was evenly matched but Ozzie had the determination. Once they hit a balance or puzzle challenge Ozzie could be in trouble.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If Ozzy can win out on RI, come back into the game and then win a couple of more immunity challenges to get to the finals, he's a lock to win it all. Most of the jury will be from his former tribe, and at last one or two of the jury will be mad at Coach's tribe for being blindsided.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Recap and "never before seen moments" this week. See you all here next week. Happy Thanksgiving.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm sure there will be some arguing about it, but at my house we felt the flashback ep showed just how bullied Cochran and isolated he really was with his old tribe. My wife is an Ozzie fan but even she was disgusted by his making Cochran hold the chicken while he chopped its head off, knowing Cochran was an animal lover, then laughing about it during his interview. And Dawn's comments on how camp has become "Hey, Cochran do this, Cochran do that."

One of my favorite aspects of Survivor is the juxta position seen when someone thinks they're on top vs when they realize they're not. This was demonstrated with Ozzie's pre-Cochran betrayal talk with Coach. How benevolent he was Coach 'admitted' Ozzie had the upper hand in that night's vote and Ozzie offering to take Coach to the end (then his follow up interview where he all but rolled his eyes at the idea; that he was stringing Coach along).

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well the show should be a lot more tolerable w/ Cochran gone. I expect he won't be able to beat Ozzie at a challenge on RI. No matter what it is.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
So hard to defend Cochran when he was such a idiot this week. I don't blame him for making the claim that he helped the rest of the tribe get this far, but he wouldn't let up and it was clear he fully believed they owed him. 'tho Coach's constant patting him on the back didn't help. I don't believe, however, that he wound up leaving at the same point he would have had he not bailed on the other team. He would have left the game much sooner.

Would have loved to see Ozzie outed but we know Dawn, while she tries hard, usually doesn't succeed in challenges, and Whitney didn't have it in her to fight.

Cochran doesn't have a chance next week, unless it's a puzzle challenge. IIRC, Ozzie sucks at puzzles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Happy to see Cochran go. The show was turning into his own

personal showcase and I just couldn't stand to watch this annoying

little worm anymore.

Sorry....he just acts like a total idiot.

I will be laughing my ass off if Cochran ends up beating Ozzie

in the next Redemption Island challenge.

As much as I am not a huge Ozzy fan, I have to hand it to him

for winning these challenges week after week. One would say
he probably is the best player in the game....just not the most

liked. Coach, on the other hand, went from being the most laughed

at individual in prior seasons to one that actually seems to have

a heart (as much as one can have in this game).

Coach is still my choice to make it to the end.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mike,

It is funny how the cameras play favorites week after week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks