What's new

Survivor-Season 1 DVD-any good? (1 Viewer)

Charlie-W

Grip
I was thinking about getting this, as I enjoyed it when it was on the air. Did anybody get it, and if so, how does it hold up on repeat viewings?

-Charlie

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't have it yet, but having seen them on tape about a year after the original broadcast, not much is lost on repeat viewings.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I for one have never seen a single episode of Survivor.... for either of the seasons... And I was considering getting this as well. I am sure it is something I would be able to get into... but I was also worried about whether it was a good buy for repeat viewings. I been wanting to check it out... just never did for some reason.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It is something you'll watch a second time. With hindsight, you'll be able to concentrate on certain aspects of the game (what people say, how they vote, etc.)

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I bought it today and it's a really good set. I love the packaging; I thought it was just going to be a fold out digipack but they are in slimcases. The Survivor Greatest Moments DVD is even still shrink wrapped, with the security stickers on. I've already got through 4 episodes and its still exciting as ever. The commentary on the first episode is great to. For the price there is no reason to pass up on this set. About 13hrs of entertainment for $35; it's an absolute steal. Lets hope it sells well so we can get the other seasons.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I have this set and it is GREAT! I could watch these episodes over and over and over again! A must have!

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's great for repeat viewings. Watching the game again knowing things that you didn't know the first time, you see more clearly how things happened. It's interesting to watch how people condradict themselves. :) Good set.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My daughter is a big survivor fan. But, I am not sure if she can watch this. I know Richard runs around naked in a bunch of scenes. Is it blurred or unedited on the dvd?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
While it is blurred, the previously released bonus disc is not. Buy the set and take the bonus away if you must, but please buy it so we get the other seasons!

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I saw some of season 1 and all of season 8 and 9. are all the episodes exactly as they aired on tv or do they put in extra footage that we didn't get to see on tv?

I might be interested in getting the seasons that I didn't watch, but I just don't know if it's something I would watch over and over, ya know.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I think you mean 7 and 8 :)

As for the episodes, from what I understand (my set just shipped today) they are supposed to be exactly as aired. There is extra footage on the bonus disc, which as someone else said, is also uncensored.

Chris

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I went to Target at 9:00am on Tuesday. I am so glad I did to because they only had 2 copies.Each were $34.99 which it is on sale so if you want it for that price buy it now.Also they had Friends the finale for $9.99.It's funny because the Friends dvd says Limited Edition and they had like 12-15 of it & the Survivor dvd they only had 2. I love the Survivor dvd!I really hope they come out with the others!:emoji_thumbsup:

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
This is a great set, I'm glad Paramount went with the slim cases, the only nit is that they list the person voted off under the description for each episode on the back of each slim case, so if you are watching for the first time, be careful.

Hopefully this will sell well and we'll get future seasons, I think David L. mentioned a few weeks back that All-Stars is being readied for release next.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Really?? Survivor All Stars is next? Man.....why not Survivor 2.This can't be good.....After S1 release of Real World they released Real World 12 Las Vegas the latest show.And since then they haven't made any more.Now if Survivor was to go from S1 to S8 back to 2, 3, 4 ect. then I would be ok with that.PLEASE PLEASE just release Survivor 2.I love S1 & S2 the best.S3 was ok but S4-S7 I could live without.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure they'll AT LEAST release All Stars, Australia, and Pearl Islands...

The only one I could live without (but would still get if it came out) is Thailand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks