What's new

Survivor Phillipines (season 25) (1 Viewer)

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Ronald Epstein said:
And who was the black guy, a few short seasons back, who
walked around in his underwear and accused a fellow player
of being a racist?
I don't remember his name, but I do recall his droopy red drawers. Boston Rob played him like a fiddle. That's why I love returning players, though I know many fans do not. Penner has been brilliant this year, and it's a pleasure to watch this game played right.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveHof said:
A new promo for next week's episode says Abi is the most annoying player ever. I'm used to a certain amount of hyperbole in these things, but that's crazy. Next to Colton or Naonka, she'd be a dream to be around for 39 days.
I'm with you on this one Dave. Nobody in recent memory even comes close to how whiny and obnoxious Colton and Naonka were. Hard to decide who was the worst, I'd have to call it an even tie for first place between the two of them for most annoying player ever on Survivor.
Plus they were annoying from day one, Abi seemed okay at first, just these past few weeks have her true colors started coming through.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just had the chance to catch up on this past week's Survivor.

Loved the way Abi was finally taken to task to the point that
she was a sniveling wreck by the end of tribal council.

The way she walked up and handed that idol to Probst was
like a child that suddenly had her pile of candy taken away.

I can't see how Abi is going to survive more than one more
show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm not sure if she's the most annoying but she's quickly moving up the list in my eyes.. Abi is such a whiny, annoying character that it's hard to imagine what's keeping someone from accidentally dropping her into the ocean ;) They were lucky the immunity challenge didn't have a physical component this week where someone could take her out, because you have the feeling there are a lot of people who'd be tempted to "accidentally" go down in flames, throwing their chance and hers. I would. The entire sequence at the camp after the auction was like nails on a chalkboard.

Sad to see Penner go. But once she had immunity, it became a scramble.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I'm sorry Penner's gone as well, but come on- he should know better than to allow Abi to buy an advantage at the auction. Someone else should have held their bank roll back to make sure Abi couldn't get that clue - cause in a straight-up challenge she's useless. I'm pretty shocked she won even with the head start.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Penner was an idiot for not agreeing to the final four offer he was given. Even if he thought it was too soon, seriously why would you not agree anyway? Abi (whom I loathe) played a great game this episode, with the exception of her retarded HII bluff. Hope she goes soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In my few short years of watching SURVIVOR, I must say that
this was one of the best exits I have seen by a player.

Also sorry to see Penner go at the expense of Abbi, who ranks
up there right behind Colton as the most disliked player EVER.
I am really trying to control what I say here, but it was just
painful watching her constantly roll her eyes at tribal. What
a stupid, pathetic....okay, I'll stop there.

She's gone next week. Definitely.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I mean...what happened?!

How did Abi stay and Carter get voted out?
Did everyone buy her idol story?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25/90#post_4010481
I mean...what happened?!

How did Abi stay and Carter get voted out?
Did everyone buy her idol story?

I think we're reaching a point where a lot of people have decided she's so damn annoying just keep her with you until the end because NO ONE will vote for her if it comes down to you vs. her for the million. I don't know if I'd even have a question to ask.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Abi is such a coniving b****, she only survived because of how obnoxious she is. I think that whoever makes it to the end wants to take her, expecting that she could never win, being so universally disliked. But you never know, in a way the "nice guys finish last" scenario could come into play, she's a lying, sneaky woman, but might just pull off the win.
She's almost had me convinced about the HII. She doesn't have one, but she certainly seems to have fooled everyone into thinking she does, or are the other tribe members onto her?
If she really had an idol, she's busted now, since this last vote would have flushed it out, but stranger things have happened on this show. Perfect way for her to get rid of Carter. If people really thought she had the idol, why waste voting for her when it wouldn't matter, only to have her not play it because she never had it.
But we're near the end, let the backstabbing truly begin. Abi just happened to get an early start.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Even the ones that don't want her in the final are convinced they can beat her at the last challenge.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Malcolm made the right call in engineering Carter's ouster. We're coming to the end game and once Malcolm reaches the final four, he'll have a huge target on his back. At that point, strong Survivor players can rarely depend on alliances and must 'run the table' on immunity challenges to earn a seat before the jury. If I'm Malcolm that means the one player (other than my ally Denise) who is the biggest threat to beat me in the final couple challenges is Carter, not Lisa, Skupin and especially not Abby. The next best thing to winning the final challenges is holding onto a rock solid ally. That's why Malcolm won't throw Denise under the bus, even though she is another legitimate challenge threat.
I see both Denise and Malcolm making the final four, with Malcolm in the controlling position. If Malcolm wins immunity next week, he could give the idol to Denise; if Denise wins, Malcolm plays the idol and they both make it. If someone else wins, Malcolm could bluff using the idol at tribal deflecting votes from himself and still give the idol to Denise. Or he could let Denise get taken out and lose a serious competitor for jury votes without betraying his ally. Then he just needs to win immunity challenges from the weaker competitors to make the final.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My bet is still on Denise to win it all, but I would not be upset if
Malcolm took it. He's played a very good game.

Either way, I won't be disappointed with the winner as I have in
past years.

Reunion show is a week from Sunday.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25/90#post_4010668
Either way, I won't be disappointed with the winner as I have in
past years.
Well... Abi still has a shot, right?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
Well... Abi still has a shot, right?
In the strictest sense...yes, because she's still in the game.

But no matter how masterfully she might play down the home stretch (and even if she gets "taken" to the final three because of her unlikeability factor), I cannot imagine how Abi could ever compose an oral argument to convince that jury that she is the person to whom they should award the money.

But if, somehow, pigs ARE able to fly...I wouldn't want to be watching the finale with Ron...

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Personally, I feel that, even though I hate the woman, if Abi gets to the final, she deserves to win. She should have been taken out long before the merge, but keeps on sticking around. That takes smart play, and skill. I hate her, but, I respect her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks