What's new

Survivor Phillipines (season 25) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just finished watching this week's episode.
Was shocked that Russell didn't go home, but
as usual, the viewer was manipulated into believing
that would be the outcome.

Personally, I wish it was. Not a fan of Russell at all.

But through all this I picked my favorite to win...

Denise

I like her spirit. I think she is very strong in the
challenges. I am willing to put my support behind
her.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
Just finished watching this week's episode.

Was shocked that Russell didn't go home, but
as usual, the viewer was manipulated into believing
that would be the outcome.

Personally, I wish it was.  Not a fan of Russell at all.

But through all this I picked my favorite to win...

Denise

I like her spirit.  I think she is very strong in the
challenges.  I am willing to put my support behind
her. 
I agree with your assessment of her qualities. However, I don't see her winning, based on prior seasons because of numbers.

The scenario I see is that her tribe will be used by one of the other two tribes as swing votes to put themselves in 'power'. Once they outnumber the other strong tribe, she (and any remaining from her tribe) will be eliminated.

Of course, I could be wrong

David

Stan

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
I agree with your assessment of her qualities. However, I don't see her winning, based on prior seasons because of numbers.
The scenario I see is that her tribe will be used by one of the other two tribes as swing votes to put themselves in 'power'. Once they outnumber the other strong tribe, she (and any remaining from her tribe) will be eliminated.
Of course, I could be wrong
David
Everybody from her tribe is doomed. The few to survive until the merge will be picked off one by one as soon as possible. They've already proven themselves to be the weakest link and they're already gone as far as this game goes. If they hadn't lost so many players so soon, might have stood a chance to make alliances with other teams later on, but way to late now.
Other teams are forming alliances, friendships, etc. Why would they ever welcome in the one or two survivors from the losing tribe?

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Hanson said:
I'm sure the shemale lady told Russell she was sticking with the cuddlers, so either he could vote with them or totally be on the outs. That's the way it usually works, but they edit it for suspense.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Originally Posted by Stan /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25/30#post_3985046
Everybody from her tribe is doomed. The few to survive until the merge will be picked off one by one as soon as possible. They've already proven themselves to be the weakest link and they're already gone as far as this game goes. If they hadn't lost so many players so soon, might have stood a chance to make alliances with other teams later on, but way to late now.
Other teams are forming alliances, friendships, etc. Why would they ever welcome in the one or two survivors from the losing tribe?
The "Lower ranking" members of a tribe may welcome the leftovers so they can overcome the groups at the top of their tribe(s).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for not manipulating viewers this week.

We knew exactly what to expect and who would be voted off.

Could not think of a better choice.

When Russell spoke out at the end of the challenge about
God making him the perfect human being, I knew it was all over.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Thank you for not manipulating viewers this week.
We knew exactly what to expect and who would be voted off.
Could not think of a better choice.
When Russell spoke out at the end of the challenge about
God making him the perfect human being, I knew it was all over.
I actually thought they did try to manipulate us, making us think Denise was a possible target, even though it was very obvious it would be Russell. Don't know how they'll survive, unless like Denise mentioned it becomes a male versus female contest when they merge. That's of course if what's left of her tribe starts to get a few wins in the challenges. That's going to be tough, because I don't ever recall a challenge designed for just two players.
She's a great player, just got stuck with a terrible tribe. It will be hard for her to blend in with a new group if she makes it to the merge. As for the next challenge, they can't sit anyone out and will really have to bust ass to win the next challenge. They try to make the challenges somewhat fair, but can't imagine Jeff having the other teams sit out four players just to even things up.
Preview for next week looked like somebody may be medically evacuated which may give her team a pass on elimination, but Survivor previews are highly manipulated and edited, so I don't trust much from them.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
They did a two person challenge in Palau when Ulong was down to just Bobby Jon and Stephenie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Palau#Episode_8:_.22Neanderthal_Man.22
Forgot about that one. After a while and with so many "seasons" things tend to blend together and you forget some of the details.
By the way, how did you get your link to go to the exact part of the webpage related to this rather than just starting at the top and forcing us to scroll down to find the information you referenced?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Wikipedia has links that allow you to jump to parts of the page, like a linked table of contents. I just copied that link.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
The predictions of Denise's doom over the last two weeks seem to be a bit premature. :) Funny, but I think I saw about four players for the first time this week now that Russell's trial was absorbed into the other two.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Charlie Campisi said:
The predictions of Denise's doom over the last two weeks seem to be a bit premature. :) Funny, but I think I saw about four players for the first time this week now that Russell's trial was absorbed into the other two.
Kind of a surprising show, Denise and Malcolm were absorbed into their new tribes, fitting in as if they had been part of them since day one. Not at all what I expected. It was some of the original players that are at the top of the list for elimination, Denise and Malcolm look safe for a while, especially if Malcolm plays his idol properly.
Also noticed the bit with what looked like new players. They've obviously been there, but sometimes are almost invisible and given so little air time you nearly forget about them. Seems to happen with almost every season, there are a few people that you start to notice and wonder where the heck have they been?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
I'm always surprised when people don't blow out ACLs in those crazy mud-challenges.
I'm with you, some of those challenges are brutal, surprised we haven't seen more injuries in the past.
Nice to see Penner use the idol last night. May have happened before and I missed it, but don't recall an idol being used at exactly the proper time for the person to save themself. Normally it gets played to soon or they get cocky and don't play it at all. Of course now he doesn't have one and obviously has a lot of enemies, so he's got a tough road ahead of him.
Then again, I like it after the merge, when you're more responsible for your own fate, not relying on a "team". I prefer the loner approach, this is when it truly becomes "Survivor".

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Penner is a very smart player - maybe not top 10 of all time but pretty close. So I was not surprised that he played the idol when he needed it. However, from the previews to next week it looks like he lets his emotions get the better of him, which is surprising. Of course, the preview could be misleading. I don't think he's done yet.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveHof said:
Penner is a very smart player - maybe not top 10 of all time but pretty close. So I was not surprised that he played the idol when he needed it. However, from the previews to next week it looks like he lets his emotions get the better of him, which is surprising. Of course, the preview could be misleading. I don't think he's done yet.
I barely even pay attention to the previews any longer, they rarely have anything to do with what actually happens, just teasers to get us to watch the next episode.
Would like to see Penner continue, hope he can pull it off as he's one of my favorite players.
Don't understand the animosity towards him and Skupin by the others. It's not like the all-star reunion type shows where winners are allowed to compete again, these guys had medical issues and were forced to leave the game, I have no problem with them getting a second chance.
Of course if that arrogant jackass Colton from the last season is ever offered another chance, he'd be the first one voted out, hopefully with some bruises and broken bones.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I like Penner, too. Don't mind if he stays around.

I think my new "dislike" is Abi-Maria. She's just
got a nasty attitude that I don't care for.

Still rooting for Denise, who you must admit, has
been doing quite well. I realize some of you predicted
she would be out by now, but the fact that she's still
hanging in there keeps me optimistic that she will make
it to the final 3 and perhaps.....the end.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
I like Penner, too.  Don't mind if he stays around.
Still rooting for Denise, who you must admit, has
been doing quite well.  I realize some of you predicted
she would be out by now, but the fact that she's still
hanging in there keeps me optimistic that she will make
it to the final 3 and perhaps.....the end.
I've done a complete 180 with Denise, she could easily win this. I thought she was one her way out, particularly when she joined her new tribe. But now that she has made it through the merge, she could go far.
I think a lot of it is her personality and just being normal. She contributes and helps out around camp, unlike most of the younger players who are complete slackers. This game often comes down to the younger versus the older players, but I'm hoping the younger players get booted off this time, most of them don't deserve to be there.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I like Denise as well - certainly more than some of this year's dud contestants like Artis and Carter. And I'm sure the producers are thrilled that Jeff Kent and Blair Warner made the merge, since both appeared to be on thin ice early on. Lisa could keep flying under the radar for some time to come - maybe even final 4 or 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks