What's new

Survivor: Pearl Islands (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Hindsight is 20/20 - why should she have anticipated how the tie-breaker would be done? I don't think I would have - I don't think you, or practically anyone would have.
2 things:

1. The tribe had already anticipated that it would go that way. In the event that it happened that way the tribe decided that she was supposed to fake it and act really grossed out/girly/unhappy about the situtation.

2. The point was for her to pretend to gag so that in the event the other tribe had to pick someone to go up against they would pick her. It would have been a great hustle.

djb

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
why should she have anticipated how the tie-breaker would be done?
It's always done that way and the tribe knew it. The tribe planned for it. Michelle agreed to do it. Then she chugged her drink anyway.

I was as exasperated as the rest of Drake. She was the perfect candidate for the wounded bird routine and appeared to be doing so, reacting like she was disgusted as Jeff chopped up the ingredients and blended the smoothie. All of a sudden she has a total brain fart and downs it like it was nothing.

She was out of the tribe at that moment.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Hindsight is 20/20 - why should she have anticipated how the tie-breaker would be done? I don't think I would have
I disagree, This show has been on long enough to have an idea that the tiebreaker in the eating challenge is done in this manner. Besides, weren't they planning to have Michelle intentionally dog her turn in the challenge to make the other tribe believe that they should target her as the weakest member in the tiebreaker and she just blew off that plan

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Boy, it doesn't take long for Jon to piss off who ever he comes into contact with. Andrew was speaking about how humble Jon seemed when he got to Morgan to take the one item from them (reward challenge went to Drake). By the time Jon got done telling them Drake threw the immunity challenge they looked like they were going to kill him. Jon is such a loser.

Amazing, with all of that muscle, Osten and Christa can hold up the same amount of weight. I just don't get him. He's physically weak, relative to the muscles he has. He's afraid of just about everything and he quits very quickly.

Well, anyone have a guess about Jeff's line during the preview? Something along the lines of 'your past has come back to haunt you'? Perhaps Jeff's bringing back members that have been voted off?

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I think after tonight's tribal council that Jon is in big trouble. This seems to be further evidenced by Rupert wigging out at him in the previews for next week. Honestly, nothing would make he happier than to see that jackass voted off ASAP.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gotta give props to Andrew for being a man when Osten wussed out in the immunity challenge, and willed his tribe to victory. I bet Drake is wondering how they would have done if they have kept Burton around. Trish got sandbagged by Sandra.

Amazingly after 6 tribal councils, the tribes are deadlocked at 5 to 5. At least it'll make the merge interesting either next week, or the week after.

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
Trish got sandbagged by Sandra.
I don't see it that way. Sandra didn't owe anything to Trish, and I agree with her that sabotaging the tribe before the merge is a stupid idea. Trish f'ed up by trying to eliminate the most popular and valuable member of the tribe when she had no leverage. Why should anyone be loyal to her, especially when several of them would already be eliminated without Rupert around to carry the challenges? She's the person who was worried about Rupert "giving away" too much to the other tribe, then she accused him of straddling the fence too much. What an idiot. If they hadn't thrown the challenge, Rupert never goes to the other tribe. They still don't seem to realize how much throwing the challenge has hurt them.

I think the notion that no one can beat Rupert post merge is flawed. Not all individual immunities are based on strength/endurance, and there will likely be several opportunities for him to be eliminated (which would be a shame, but I haven't watched a Survivor yet that hasn't ticked me off by knocking out someone good in favor of a scumbag.)

Even if it is Rupert against someone else in the final two, I think if that person earned their place (either by playing straight up all the way through, or via Rob's method), they could easily generate votes from the jury.

Hell, given past Survivor voting trends it wouldn't surprise me if the jury voted against Rupert *because* he deserved to win.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As stupid as it was for John, to mouth off about throwing the 7th competition, It was even more amazing that the Morgan tribe looked stunned and then refused to believe it. I mean how could they not have noticed it themselves?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
[RANT!!!]I absolutely detest Osten. I agree with a post above about his size being all show muscle. There is no way he worked out to get all that muscle. Had to have been some form of steroids and alot of creatine. I can't beleive how weak he is physically, mentally and emotionally.

If anyone has these on tape go back and notice how the producers always cut to Tijuana when Osten punks out. She always make some disapproving face. It is pretty funny when a girl is calling out someone like that. I rewound this last glare about 6 times cracking up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! !!! I am so mad!

I want Osten to leave so bad.:angry: He is really pissing me off. How much of a wuss can he be? I really want to use a different word but Survivor is a family show.

AND HOW DUMB WAS TRISH FOR TYRING TO VOTE OUT RUPERT????!!!????:rolleyes

IMO, I think that Rupert is the most deserving Survivor ever. If he doesn't make the final two I will be very disappointed.[/RANT!!!] :angry:

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I for one am really glad Rupert didn't get voted off, since the preview after last weeks show, I though sh*t Rupert is going home. As far as next week goes, I really really hope they bring back all the losers to make a losers tribe that would be awesome! But if you think about it how can they, there is no way unless they extend the show, they have to get rid of these people not bring them back. Maybe they split the two tribes into smaller tribes? Can't wait!
:D

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Wow. I thought that was a really good episode. I, along with the rest of the forum, really really HATE Johny Foreplay.

Im kinda wishing that Rupert wins but I just don;t see that happening.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Trish tried to play the "politics of the weak" card (far too prematurely, I might add), and when Sandra gave Trish the impression that she was okay with this plan to boot off Rupert, and then Sandra goes running back to the rest of the group to tell them about Trish's comments, I'd say she totally sandbagged Trish. Perhaps my definition of "sandbag" is different, but anytime you blindside someone by feigning agreeance, that's a sandbag to me.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I think that Ruperts outburst on next weeks show could hurt him! It may seem to the tribe that Rupert thinks he's invinsible, and if they see that from Rupert they may say enough is enough early.

B

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the losers come back to form a third tribe just for the next immunity challenge. I could see Jeff having the two tribes compete with the loser tribe in some sort of pirate themed challenge. Maybe the loser tribe is holding them captive or fighting them along an obstacle course?

Just a thought.

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
I hope either Rupert, Savage or Ryan O win.

I woke up this morning to my alarm radio...first words i heard today on the radio:

"Surivor is so bad i almost want to pluck my eyes out. Its berable only when Rupert is on the Screen, when Rupert is off camera its just stupid and boring"

kind of funny because its so true. He's really making the show and if he got kicked off last night, they would lose a lot of viewers.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I almost forgot about the Osten comments above. Yeah, I think it's obvious that he's not natural muscle growth. If it wasn't the lack of strength that exposed him it would be the work ethic. No one could get that body without hard work and I don't think Osten has done much of that in his life.

Beware the pelican ;)

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Osten is a wuss. He can't do anything, and is a quitter.

Christa is Wonder Woman!! She beat out muscle-man Osten!

I loved the look on Jon's face after it was revealed that Trish was voted out...he was literally thinking "OH SH*T. I AM SCREWED."

Trish is an idiot -- she wasn't even on the chopping block, and she put herself out there. She even straight lied to everyone on the Tribal Council when Jeff asked his question "Did you know that was how Rupert felt?" LIAR!

Rupert is great -- I really do hope he will win, but I not put much faith in that because of how these things turn out in the end.

I have a lot of respect for Savage. He seems like a great leader, and does a lot for his team. Savage also seems like a geniunely good guy. I hope he goes far.

Shawn did the smart thing, and I think he redeemed himself in the eyes of his tribe. I love at the end, he said "The power is mine now. (or something like that)". I believe he was referring to Jon, right?

I actually hope Jon sticks around, so we can have more controversy and idiotic acts. HAHAHAAHA

Christa looked funny w/the freckle bug bites..man, if that was me, i'd be scratching those like crazy!

As you can see, i ahve no one at work to talk to Survivor about -- no one watches it but me at work!! :frowning:

On an unrelated note -- I am actually friends with Shii Ann's sister. :) I actually did not realize that until 2 months ago, when me and her sister, and a bunch of other people went on a China tour. Her sister is really cool, and just as firey as Shii Ann. hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks