What's new

Survivor Palau: Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

The funny thing was she DID know that. She herself pointed out that fact at tribal. I guess she just really wanted to go home. LOL

I have a feeling that the 2 early castoffs will be back.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

I'm pretty sure past survivors have confirmed that they're not told when the game is going to start. It's not like someone said, "ok everyone, we're going on a row boat now, get dressed." :D

I believe they're told that they're going to a photo shoot, so they need to dress their "part". i.e. business men in a suit, etc. That being said, you're right, I'd be wearing a bathing suit under my clothes at all times. :D

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Not if Probst has any say. He almost quit over the "Outcasts" being brought back on "Pearl Islands", and I don't think he'd stand for it again.

Chris

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
That first private camera moment with James was great. I too busted a gut with the Jeff is a Sombitch comment. I know everyone thinks it when he comes up all smarmy in something nice as the castways now realize they are screwed. Nice to see someone actually say it. The best is when he nearly dropped an F bomb but then caught it. I haven't been this geeked for a Survivor for a while

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
damn. for some reason I forgot to tivo this, as well as apprentice last night. Is there going to be a survivor rebroadcast this weekend?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Richard Hatch is John Wayne compared to that guy.

Looks like an interesting season. I had a bit of an issue with the two people being immediately cast off based on team picking. They never had a chance to play the game. No one was kept based on any merits, no one was left behind for any real reason. If it was based on some challenge, I think it would be a bit more fair.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I kinda thought this too, but I do think there were reasons for the two not picked:
Wanda had the potential to be the most annoying player ever. She would have been the first one voted off no matter what.

Jonathan painted a huge target on himself by trying to outswim the boat, along with Coby planting the seed in everyone's mind that Jon needed to go.

Chris

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

Probst didn't like the Outcasts because he said "if you are voted out, you are out of the game". In my opinion they were not voted out. They just weren't picked.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Observations:

Willard looks like Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes.

One survivor (don't know her name yet) looks a bit like Clair from Lost (especially around the eyes).

Why, oh why would anyone who gets picked for Survivor, especially a city slicker, not seek out an outdoorsy guy to learn how to a) paddle a canoe and b) start a fire using sticks or eyeglassed?

Jolanda did not really deserve to be ousted for the challenge debacle; I don't think they could have won it if they had taken nothing but the paddles. They went roundy-round in circles in the canoe. She may have deserved ousting for her bossiness, but not for the challenge.

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
I was very entertained... At is was ironic to see the winners accidentally losing their prize in the water.

Plus Palau looks gorgeuous. This might be the best Survivor in a long tmie, I think.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Kind of OT for the Survivor thread, but you're interested in a cool IMAX DVD, go rent "The Living Sea" which was filmed in and around the islands of Palau. Very cool DVD, especially with the jellyfish segment that you saw a little bit of in the promo/opening credits.

I thought the whole Wanda singing in the boat was completely surreal... Priceless! :)

Jay

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I may be reading into this too much but I also think the first two will be back in some form.

I was expecting Jeff to say that Jo was the 3rd person out but he said first. I know this can be interpeted different ways but still was interesting since the first two were in a way also voted out.

Andy

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else think it was an absolutely DUMB decision for the winning team to choose to go to a different beach? Aside from the whole stupidity of losing the metal box with the fire supplies, they chose to leave the beach where they had already built a shelter and found water. But no. They just HAD to go to another beach and start all over, all for the sake of a "new adventure", or whatever it was they were yelling.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

Think of it as the "Monty Hall" effect :) (for those that used to watch "Let's Make a Deal") What could be in the box or behind the curtain is often more attractive than the bird in your hand. People forget that sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Kenneth

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Once I was flown somewhere to play in Survivor I'd live in bathing suit, thermal underlayers, and breathable waterproof outerlayer. Want me to dress up for a photo shoot, BBQ and fun boat ride? Too bad :D.

I agree that the same tribe would have lost the immunity challenge regardless of their equipment decisions because they had zero clue on how to control the boat.

ot

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What was dumb about moving to another beach was that you left behind a place that was built for 18-20 people, and it was done with the labor of that amount of people. Why would you give up that advantage, and expend more energy than necessary by going to the new location that required more effort to make for the new living quarters?

Tom blew the call on that one.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I too thought this episode of Survivor was so much better than the past episodes, and yes, I too had about given up on this show. I was kinda hoping Wanda would have stuck around for awhile ,if for anything, at least to keep things lively around the old camp site,lol. I was ROTFLMAO seeing the expressions on the other contestants faces while she was singing her songs. They probably were wondering if she was an escapee from the looney bin. :) Actually, Wanda was on CBS's The Early Show this morning along with the other 2 who got booted. Wanda said she only sang for a little while ,but the way it was edited ,it looked like she was singing alot. She did say she had worked for months swimming alot so she could have really shined in the challenges and helped her tribe win, alas, she got booted early on.

Gene S

Agent

Its not like they had built a condo yet. It was only one afternoon of building. It looked like the only thing finished were rafter like beams.
Besides what were they going to say? "No you can't enjoy my warm fire and boiled water because you didn't win the challenge." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks