What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Naonka and Kelly should be booted off the jury. Since they quit the game they should be denied any role in determining its outcome.

I await the reunion show to see if Naonka has had any personal revelations about the type of person she has become. I'm not optimistic.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I hate to see Kelly's bikini bottom go as much as I loved to see the other BITCH go. I agree neither should be allowed on the jury since they quit. Sucks that there are two others that wanted to stay go before those two LOSERS!!!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
This trend of people quitting absolutely disgusts me. (and there was no hiding Jeff's disgust either) Ever since Osten quit it's apparently ok now. If you don't think you can make it camping for 40 days in the wild why the hell are you trying out in the first place?

I agree they shouldn't be allowed to vote, but I also think they're making them take part in the Jury so they have to sit there over and over and see what they gave up. They may be trying to stop people from quitting.

The only thing I have to add about NaOnka is what a coward she is. She knows she'd never win the million so she's quitting so she doesn't have to lose. And all the while she'll walk around saying "I could've won if I stayed"

I'm not sure if it shortens the season by an ep either. Someone had to go out this week, and the second person would just make the final a Final 2 rather than a Final 3 (assuming that's how they planned this season)

As a side note - we've been watching this season with our 8 year old and this gave us a good opportunity to discuss with him quitting and selfish behaviors.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran

I already knew about this weeks ago because of some dumb ass on the IMDB board who blatantly posted it in their topic header and as much as I was upset that I was spoiled part of me smiled and it was even better seeing it happen lol.

At the risk of just spinning wheels and dwelling on it Naonka is far and away the most vile player I've seen yet on this show and the fact that she said that she doesn't even see what she did as selfish says volumes about her as a person.

There is no way I would have allowed myself to get that far and then give up, no way in hell, for one I would have let myself down and two I would have forever went down in Survivor history as a quitter...no way.

Jeff was unmistakably pissed at this, from reading his blogs etc he hates quitters and has stated that quitters are never invited back for future seasons and I agree 100% with him. I also agree with what's been said here that neither of them should be allowed on the jury, if they quit the game than that's part of it, they walk and shouldn't be allowed to participate in anything from here on out.

I hope they both enjoy their badges of shame and hope they catch lots of hell when they get back home from family and friends.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I kept listening to Holly's counseling of Kelly and thinking to myself...well, there's no way Kelly can listen to that straight-forward explanation of why you shouldn't quit on this and still quit.

Oh. I guess she can.

I wonder if Sash will be able to smooth-talk Chase out of the other HII.

I hope Jane wins the whole thing.

Dan = Bump on a log. The guy could hardly walk out of tribal council. He almost fell down for gosh' sake.

This really has shaped up to be one of the most pathetic cast of characters ever. That's bound to happen over the course of 21 seasons.

mylan

Screenwriter
Not only are they going to be labled quitters, this has the potential to negativly affect their personal and professional lives as well. My wife has been a registered nurse for eighteen years and she said that if Kelly gives up that easily she would never make it out of nursing school.

Naonka is a physical education teacher, can you imagine trying to motivate students now after watching their teacher quit on national tv?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Ugh, I say something nice about Naonka and she repays me with this? I feel so betrayed. :D Agree with everyone else re the jury. They are not fit to judge anyone who didn't quit. The only joy I got from their quitting was watching Brenda and Marty lose it. Almost completely unlikable cast. Jane, Holly and Fabio are ok, but they look good or better than good compared to who is around them. Really a shame too, as the challenges this season have been really well conceived. Most have been a combination of physical and mental/exertion and puzzle solving after being exhausted. Just wish we had a better bunch of players.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Both are quitters...but I think one will be forgotten...

1 of them is:

Young and stupid, but other than this act - did nothing to further embarrass herself so far (except for maybe the "suck" comment mentioned above)....

the other one is now know for:

Fighting with a 1 legged woman for a clue to an idol, then bragging about how she kicked ass multiple times, and continued to bully this person until they were voted off.

Stole someones socks and wore them right in front of him.

Stole the camp food to eat herself, was stupid enough to get caught doing it, and managed to get the other person who went along voted off.

Classless ranting at tribal console, with many "bleep" words...on how great she is and is going to win...even right before quiting.

When she knew she would be quitting and going to the ranch motel - she decided to go eat a few hot dogs early when she could have given all the rest of them food and shelter.

..and these are just what was shown

Now we get to see both of these people show up and ask questions of the people who actually stuck it out. I can almost grantee that Nanookie will pull one of her bleep filled rants when asking questions in the finals. With her, I would not be surprised to see her sell her vote to the contestant who would pay her the most. Something classless like:

"Both of you (bleep)'s don't deserve to be here - as I am the one who should of won. Lucky for you I got too cold and was forced, against my will, to quit early. These racist (bleep)ing jerks just don't want a strong, sexy black woman to win their (bleep)ing money.

I found out that I didn't earn as much money going out early. One of you (bleep)'s is going to win 1 million, and the other one $500,000 - so whoever says they will give me $50,000 first will get my vote......Oh (bleep) it...I want at least the $500,000, as I should have won the (bleep)ing 1 million anyway."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Everyone was painting Fabio out to be a knucklehead (and it seems clear he has his moments...but he IS only 21)...but at least he has shown a certain maturity level by showing that he knows his limitations and what it takes to get through a tough situation.

At least when he is sitting next to two peers who decide to quit, Fabio ends up looking pretty good in comparison.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would classify Fabio this way, he might be a mimbo but he's the wisest mimbo I've ever seen lol.

I like the guy and hope he makes it right to the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't really like Holly in the beginning, but she's displayed much more fortitude than I gave her credit for due to her early misgivings about toughing it out.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was listening to Jill on the Rob Cesternino podcast, and she explained that while the biggest mental hurdle for most Survivors is the starvation and constant hunger, the runner up is the ability to sleep at camp. Some contestants are unable to fall asleep, and Holly went for days with little to no sleep in the beginning, and that really affected her mental state, i.e. she went loco. After she was finally able to get some sleep, she was able to get into the game.

This will go down as one of the worst seasons of Survivor next to Fiji and Gabon. Just no one to root for.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Jane's reasoning for not quitting was spot on. I was shocked to see purple Kelly listen to Holly an Jane's reasons for not quitting and quitting anyway. Kelly and Naonka do not deserve a spot on the jury and should have had their torches thrown in the fire. I'll never understand how someone can be cocky and in the same breath say they are quitting. Maybe if we are lucky, when Naonka goes to ask the final people why they should win the million, Jeff will instruct her to sit down (only the people who didn't quit get to ask questions.)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm hoping that them being present at the remaining councils will act as salt to an open wound and they'll have to sit there and suffer with the knowledge that they gave up on a better shot at a cool million that most human beings ever get.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Like most here, I think it's completely bogus that 2 people who quit the game get a vote on the jury. They really need to change that rule for future seasons....if you quit, it's like you weren't even there and you have no say in the outcome of the game. I'm glad to see that Probst addressed the issue in his blog. Also, I'd love it if during the Reunion show Probst doesn't even give Nanookie a chance to speak about the situation. I'm sure that won't happen because he knows people will want to hear what she has to say, but I really wish he would just ice her completely. It would be absolutely beautiful to see her sitting there not able to open her big, obnoxious mouth for a change!

Oh, and by the way, I can't believe nobody has pointed out Nanookie's brilliant use of the word "smuffed" when referring to what should happen to her torch. Clearly, she didn't need to win the million on Survivor because her superior intelligence will carry to much greater heights in life.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
New rule change -

If you quit, the producers get to pick any of the voted off people to take your place that you had voted for...and for added drama - pick the person you can't stand and possibly blind sided.

If they do not want put the substitute back into the game, at least to take your jury spot, as well as your vacation home at the location. If you had won anything (like a car give away or camera) those goodies will be taken away and given to the substitute as well. Any money you would have won by your position in the game will also be taken away and given to the substitute.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
They should not be allowed on the jury. They shouldn't be allowed on the reunion show. They have nothing left to add. Additionally, a quitter should be given the "first out" pay, and everyone else from the bottom up should move forward those 1 or 2 spots and earn a little bit extra. The quitting is a cheat to the other players, and to the viewers.

I've enjoyed this season though. I always find Survivor fun. I've rooted for Fabio, Marty and like Jane and Holly.

Naonka, on the other hand, has got to be one of the most disgusting, trashiest people in the show's history. Knowing her outcome now, I find it sad that CBS gave her as much air time in early episodes. Certainly our time could have been better served by seeing more of the others.

Sometimes I wish the producers would stop "casting" this show so hard. Were they looking for a controversial person like her? What in the world did she do that convinced the producers to put her on the show? Was she intelligent or articulate? Was she creative? Was she eloquent? Were the producers bamboozled by her sweetness?

What did she posses and what did she present of herself that convinced the producers she deserved a spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks