What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brent M

-- I wish Probst would have let the Shannon vs. Sash thing play out a little bit longer. More tension there than anything that happened during the 39 days in the jungle.

-- Was Bradshaw's fart really so loud that it was picked up by a microphone? If so, he's even more awesome than I thought.

-- All in all, probably the most forgettable cast in Survivor history and I'm glad this season is over so we can move on to the next one. I like the Redemption Island idea and hope it works.

I agree that it would have been entertaining to see those two hash it out, but at the same time why bother to give that asshat any more air time. After we heard Bradshaw fart the first time, I was like " did I just hear what I think I heard?" and so the rewinding began. My daughter laughed so hard. I'm telling you as soon as they cut back to Probst he was trying so hard to control laughing. That was the funniest thing ever! I also agree with you that this was such a boring season. Other than Jane beating out the young men in strength challenges and being the cool lady she was, I was bored with everyone else. I will say that while everyone else on the show cleaned up real nicely, Jane looked no different then when she was out in the jungle! Scary!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm ecstatic about the win! Fabio was the man from the moment I first saw him in the premiere, mainly because he reminded me a little if myself lol.

I had my doubts about whether or not he could pull a win out of his ass but I'll be damned he did it!

I love this new idea that's being introduced next season! And as for the rule change, when Naonka and Kelly first quit I was just like everyone else and thought they should not be allowed on the jury but then I read Jeff's blog and his reason for letting them sit in made sense and I changed my mind so I don't really care for the new rule.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The best part of the finale is that the season is OVER. Seriously, it was beyond saving a long time ago.

Holly's Fargo accent was pretty grating. I have to say, I was surprised at how well she cleaned up -- she looked like Mary Hart circa 1985. But she did that thing where she drew the outline of her lips way beyond her natural lip line which gave it a Tammy Faye Bakker feel. Do they let these women apply their own make-up? It's probably the number one reason the female Survivors generally look bad at the reunion. Except for Brenda. She looked niiiiice.

I don't understand Dan's game -- does he want to win or not? And if he doesn't, why should he stick around if someone who wants to win gets booted? Inanimate Carbon Rod FAIL.

Jane looked like Gollum with a wig on. Man, she must have had a hardscrabble life, because she looks like she's in her 70's or 80's, but in reality she's not even 60 -- she's goddamn 56! Egads! She looks like her daughter's great grandmother.

Can anyone who likes country music vouch for how bad or good Chase's song and singing were? Because from where I stood, it was laughably awful. And we laughed and laughed at how awful it truly was.

Fabio reminds me so much of Hunter Parrish from Weeds. He even sounds like him when he talks. And speaking of Weeds, the vote with the volcano and "420" was from NaOnka. Which further illustrates how editing fabricated their animosity.

I know Sash got to the end, but he's got to be the worst "Mastermind" of any season. He talked a great deal about his game and yet made zero moves. He basically made it to the finale because of the idol Marty gave him and then the growing realization that he would get zero votes at final TC. Apparently, no one tried to flush the idol because the consensus was that they didn't want the idol back in play. That's the only reason Sash was never targeted even as his entire alliance disintegrated.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yuh know, I was rooting for Holly to win but

I am not a bit upset that Fabio took the prize.

I have gained a lot of respect for him this season.

Congrats Fabio!

When does the next season of Survivor start?

60 Minutes ran late so I did not see the very end

of the reunion where they announced the next locale.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They have been filming back to back seasons at the same locale recently. Redemption Island was also filmed in Nicaragua, and the twist is that if a contestant is voted off, they go to Redemption Island and live by themselves in the same conditions they have at camp. The next person voted off goes to Redemption Island, where a challenge determines which cast off stays. This process goes on until some point, presumably at the merge, the last outcast standing gets back into the game. So there will be two elimination challenges in each episode.

There's another twist that's alluded to in the logo, and even though it's one of the worst kept secrets in Survivor history, Burnett has decided to save it for the premiere.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

They have been filming back to back seasons at the same locale recently. Redemption Island was also filmed in Nicaragua, and the twist is that if a contestant is voted off, they go to Redemption Island and live by themselves in the same conditions they have at camp. The next person voted off goes to Redemption Island, where a challenge determines which cast off stays. This process goes on until some point, presumably at the merge, the last outcast standing gets back into the game. So there will be two elimination challenges in each episode.

There's another twist that's alluded to in the logo, and even though it's one of the worst kept secrets in Survivor history, Burnett has decided to save it for the premiere.

I've heard of the twist, but I don't see it alluded to in the logo anywhere?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
On closer examination, the silhouettes in the logo are of a taller man and a short woman. I thought they were of something else.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So there is no "other" twist? Nothing other than the Redemption Island innovation? If there is...could you spoilerize it for me?

To me, RI sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I was thrilled that Fabio was able to make up the time in that puzzle challenge after being the only one remaining to answer one of the questions wrong.

Graham Perks

Second Unit
I understood the Redemption Island idea... but missed them saying WHEN the player would return to the game. Did they say? In time for the jury? Around merge time?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I have no idea... I think it would be hilarious if they return at the final four.. a totally different path all the way to the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the RI winner returns at the merge. But it'd be funny if they got booted out in the first TC after the merge.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Graham Perks

I understood the Redemption Island idea... but missed them saying WHEN the player would return to the game. Did they say? In time for the jury? Around merge time?

That's what I don't like about RI.

If I understood the way they described it... After week 1, the voted-off player goes to RI. Then, after week 2, the voted-off player goes to RI. Then, those two players compete and the winner returns and the loser goes home. Then, after week 3, the player goes to RI. After week 4, the voted-off player goes to RI. They compete and the winner returns...and so on.

Complicated and screwy. Like they need to reinvent the wheel when the game is still compelling...even with a bad cast (as they just proved).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, those who get sent to redemption island will battle to stay on RI, and eventually the sole survivor on RI will be returned to the regular tribe/camp to continue in the game. Jeff didn't clarify WHEN the sole survivor on RI would return to the game, but I think it makes sense it's done after the first TC where each remaining player is eligible for jury duty, then the 2 on RI battle it out to be in the individual immunity phase of the game.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

No, those who get sent to redemption island will battle to stay on RI, and eventually the sole survivor on RI will be returned to the regular tribe/camp to continue in the game. Jeff didn't clarify WHEN the sole survivor on RI would return to the game, but I think it makes sense it's done after the first TC where each remaining player is eligible for jury duty, then the 2 on RI battle it out to be in the individual immunity phase of the game.

Thanks, Patrick.

I'll have to go back and watch that description again. That is so different from what I understood from Probst's explanation.

Like I said earlier, it still seems arbitrary (and confusing). I'm doubting that it's going to be a good addition to the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From what I gathered, the contestants not sent to RI will have no idea who survives the RI gauntlet until that person's return to the game, so it could easily screw up plans and strategies from a numbers/votes standpoint for different alliances. Do you keep you friends close, but enemies closer?

It's not that arbitrary, but it does throw a few curveballs into the mix. What's cool is that someone voted out first could run the table on RI, and make it to the merge, but their social game would be a wreck upon their return.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just don't see how the person from RI can come back in and survive more then a week... alliances may fight over them, but it's more likely it's an easy out for any alliance afterward because they haven't built up any loyalty.. unless they come back with a HII.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The person coming back from RI may get a pass/immunity for the first TC they are involved with upon their return.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Also - the person coming back from RI might be very good at the challenges - having survived a number of 1 on 1 challenges just to survive.

That would also effect the gang of weak hanger-ons who vote off the person who is the biggest physical threat.

If they come back and start winning individual immunity, they can get to the end (like Fabio did...he had a target on his back but it didn't matter...)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Or the person winning RI could only be on there a couple days and only have to win one challenge before rejoining the tribe... I'd say it's unlikely someone voted off first would be much of a threat to survive on their own, put food in their stomach, make a shelter and run the table in challenges against other, subsequently booted survivors. Yes, it could happen that the first person voted out is the RI survivor, but I think the deck is stacked against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks