What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I can't believe how dumb these people are...

Jeff outlines a 3 - 3 vote - with a tie vote for Holly, because Sash and Chase have an idol

If the 3 outcasts vote for Holly, they vote for Jane and it is a 3 way tie...

All Chase or Sash had to do was give their idol to Holly at the last minute, nullifying the possible tie vote - and get Jane voted off anyway - no matter how they voted - but instead they kept the idol for themselves, leaving them open for the tie.

They were just lucky that Fabio and Dan weren't smart enough to go for it...

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Martino

If the 3 outcasts vote for Holly, they vote for Jane and it is a 3 way tie...

All Chase or Sash had to do was give their idol to Holly at the last minute, nullifying the possible tie vote - and get Jane voted off anyway - no matter how they voted - but instead they kept the idol for themselves, leaving them open for the tie.

That's exactly how I predicted the vote would go and we were 'oooh'ing when Sash didn't give up his idol, then stunned when Jane got voted off. Morons. It seemed Jane was one step ahead by voting for Sash anyway.

We're rooting for Fabio.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but why season after season do these people STILL seem so shocked that someone would vote them off? If I were in the game, I would consider the time I'm sitting on the beach, talking about family, making friends, etc, free time that you have between "the game". Then when it came back to challenges, the game is on. Deceit is a part of Survivor. It's also part of the popular game Clue, but using deceit in Clue doesn't "show your true colors". It doesn't make you a bad person. Hell, they told Jane to her face they were going to vote her out. I guess she's just not smart enough to understand that the odds are you will be voted off and not win the game.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Probably, Steve, because people develop "relationships" while playing the game. Contestants have always said there's much more "down time" than the audience will ever know where they do nothing but sit around and really get to know each other. So, bonds form. And while human nature seems to want to indicate that people tend to trust each other...this game specifically makes such trust fleeting resulting in the "surprised" and "sore" losers.

I can see where they'd feel betrayed by those people they "thought" they had a winning relationship with.

I would even suspect since they start the game as complete strangers, there is such a need for companionship (in a strange place with few essentials) that some of those bonds are felt to be pretty tight...making that sting of betrayal all the worse.

It is that sense of odd tight-knit community-in-a-test-tube that helps make Survivor so interesting--no matter how bad the cast.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Some thoughts here....

First, I am surprised after all these years

(and I have only seen 4 seasons) by how

downplayed these family reunion shows are

by the Survivors.

The moment they see that Sprint phone the

Survivors should be certain that their loved

ones are on the island. Yet, they don't talk

about that aspect as if they really have no

idea what is yet to happen.

Moving along...

I could be wrong about this but Chase owed

Sash a reward. Didn't he snub Sash on the

last one? I may be confusing this with someone

else. If I am correct I was sort of surprised by

the reactions from the rest of the Survivors by

Chase's picks. I mean, there is no winning here.

Whomever he snubbed was going to hate him.

What surprises me most was Dan's son making

the scumbag remark. Why was Chase a Scumbag

for not picking his father over any one of the other

Survivors? And I absolutely agree that Dan is the

biggest loser of this season.

Moving on....

Jane being voted out. Bit surprised. I always

predicted that Jane or Holly would win it. For the

very first time in any Survivor history I am actually

rooting for a woman because I think all the guys
suck. I think both Jane and Holly have been very

strong players. I would bet anything that Holly will

walk away with the million bucks.

What’s left of the men Survivors is pretty pathetic.

There isn't anyone there worthy of winning.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There are parts on Jane that, if you ever saw, you could never unsee.

The potential is horrifying.

And unless you had someone screen it for you beforehand, it would just hit you without warning.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

There are parts on Jane that, if you ever saw, you could never unsee.

The potential is horrifying.

And unless you had someone screen it for you beforehand, it would just hit you without warning.

Hanson is right on with that. It would be like goatse to the tenth power

Graham Perks

Second Unit
My guess as to why the 3 didn't ally is that Dan is playing for second. He doesn't need any big plays and he's happy voting everyone off knowing everyone wants him in the final. Once Dan couldn't be turned, there was nothing Fabio could do but go along.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
According to Jane, both Dan and Fabio were offered a final three spot by Chase and Sash.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Rooting for Fabio to win, but will have to win immunity a couple more times to do so.

My guess is that Holly wins because of her numbers & likely way it will play out, but rooting for Fabio.

However, for you Dan detractors, he can still win....if another 4 players quit.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really liked the way this all worked out...

spoiler space
Spoiler Space

So, Fabio! What a way to end the season, too.. win 3 in a row, and, he basically made the case of: hey, I outplayed everyone.. and he had a good case for that.

dfergie

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
If Jane had magical powers at tribal... Chase & Sash would be frogs now... mean look ;) glad a good person won!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Some thoughts here....

First, I am surprised after all these years (and I have only seen 4 seasons) by how downplayed these family reunion shows are by the Survivors.

The moment they see that Sprint phone the Survivors should be certain that their loved ones are on the island. Yet, they don't talk about that aspect as if they really have no idea what is yet to happen.

They do, it's just not shown. For example, Fabio commented that he and Chase talked about their moms and how if they won they would take the other one on the rewards, which is why Fabio felt so betrayed.

Didn't get to watch the reunion show yet - had to go to work. But yay for the winner and, OMG, NaOnka's voice over on how she was always cheerful and fun to be around and how she was the best player... she could use the million to buy a clue.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran

Did anyone else hear Terry Bradshaw fart? The look on Probsts face afterwards was priceless!

I heard it. Ewww. That's live TV for you.

As underwhelming as this season was, watching Fabio win 3 straight immunity challenges when his back was against the wall was riveting. I'm glad to see that he won, he deserved it the most.

Redemption Island could be interesting, or it could be a flop. Depends on the type of player that ultimately comes back into the game, I guess.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
For a moment there

Space

Space

Space

I thought boy did Fabio fool us? Was the dumb boy act a real act? And then he spoke again and I realized it wasn't such an act. lol

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
A few thoughts:

-- I nearly threw a glass at my TV when Nanookie said she was the smartest player out there and could have won. I'd love to visit her planet someday.

-- Major props on the bird's eye view camera when Purple Kelly was casting her vote at the last TC. Most exciting moment of the season.

-- Of the final five, I was rooting for Fabio and was thrilled when he won....until he started talking at the reunion show. Now I'm pretty sure he'll just be buying a million dollars worth of weed.

-- I wish Probst would have let the Shannon vs. Sash thing play out a little bit longer. More tension there than anything that happened during the 39 days in the jungle.

-- Was Bradshaw's fart really so loud that it was picked up by a microphone? If so, he's even more awesome than I thought.

-- All in all, probably the most forgettable cast in Survivor history and I'm glad this season is over so we can move on to the next one. I like the Redemption Island idea and hope it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks