What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Benry's name did come up as a boot, so it wasn't a total shock. He was a threat for individual immunity. Speaking of which, it was hilarious how he totally gave up on the puzzle. Benry, Chase, and Fabio -- I wonder how long the puzzle challenge took in real time?

Benry's full name is Ben Henry.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

I wonder how long the puzzle challenge took in real time?

Probst's blog said it took a LONG time and he wondered if anyone would ever finish it ... but he didn't say how long.

QUOTE-----

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE
That was one of the toughest puzzles we’ve ever done. It was extremely difficult to figure out how the stacks of coins fit together.

INSIGHT
I’ll give you an example of how difficult it was. My dad was visiting location when we were testing this challenge and so we had him do it to see how long it would take him. It took him 23 minutes and this from a guy who had a full belly of food, a good nights sleep and an 40-year engineering background. While I don’t remember the exact time it took the Survivors, it was a lot longer than 23 minutes. In fact, I was worried that they may never finish…and then out of nowhere Sash figured it out.

-----UNQUOTE

Source --

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/09/jeff-probst-blogs-survivornicaragua-episode-13/#more-114928

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Benry's name did come up as a boot, so it wasn't a total shock. He was a threat for individual immunity. Speaking of which, it was hilarious how he totally gave up on the puzzle. Benry, Chase, and Fabio -- I wonder how long the puzzle challenge took in real time?

Benry's full name is Ben Henry.

Guess I'm only watching this season with my eyes half open ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, a heck of an uninteresting season.

I don't mind the fact Benry was sent home but

has anyone in that game for a moment turned

to a teammate and said, "How the F--K is that

guy Dan still here this far into the game?"

Dan has really done a great job of just fading

out of everyone's mind despite the fact he has

to sit out every challenge that involves rigorous

leg activity. He adds nothing to the game -- is

perhaps the most worthless player I have ever

seen -- and yet has somehow remained.

My money is on either Jane or Holly winning this.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Yeah, a heck of an uninteresting season.

I don't mind the fact Benry was sent home but

has anyone in that game for a moment turned

to a teammate and said, "How the F--K is that

guy Dan still here this far into the game?"

Dan has really done a great job of just fading

out of everyone's mind despite the fact he has

to sit out every challenge that involves rigorous

leg activity. He adds nothing to the game -- is

perhaps the most worthless player I have ever

seen -- and yet has somehow remained.

My money is on either Jane or Holly winning this.

Dan is the guy I'm sure everybody wants to take to the finals with them, so he's not going anywhere. In fact he may be the only person Sash could beat.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm definately not ready to say the show has hit it's shelf life just because this season is pale in comparison to last season. Even mediocre seasons are still really enjoyable, such as this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

I'm definately not ready to say the show has hit it's shelf life just because this season is pale in comparison to last season. Even mediocre seasons are still really enjoyable, such as this season.

Yeah. One bad cast does not the end of a reality show make.

While this wasn't a great season, the show is still quite enjoyable.

And a reminder to everyone: the penultimate show of this season airs Wednesday...with the finale ultimo on Sunday (with the reunion).

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

I really enjoy this season. There have been several very good characters to follow & root for. Several unlikeable ones too. It's true, though, there have been no big shoe drops, and no stand-out player like Russell. But that can't happen every time out.

Tonight's episode though: very good! I hope others enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll save further comments till tomorrow to avoid spoiling.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Two LOL moments:

1. Jane's stare and the awkward silence when Holly, Chase and Sash told her that they were voting her off.

2. Fabio's facial expression after Jane put out the fire.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
3. When Fabio said they have no idea how smart he is and how they're going to be so surprised when he outmaneuvers them.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I will admit, the way for this season to turn itself around is if Fabio gets to the end, and somehow gives a virtual seminar on how he played his part as best he could in order to lull people into thinking he was an easy mark, and then gives a litany of reasons why his strategy was easily the one that put him out of the way of almost any confrontation and got him to the end.

It won't happen, but wow would I go for it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by ThomasC

Two LOL moments:

1. Jane's stare and the awkward silence when Holly, Chase and Sash told her that they were voting her off.

It looked like she was stroking out.

I know it's been said, but GODDAMN! Dan is the MOST worthless, do-nothingist, useless contestant they've ever had on the show. EVER. Can't compete in challenges, has no game, and basically just sits there. In a season with Kelly Purple, it's shocking that someone blows her away in terms of irrelevance.

Dan is the Inanimate Carbon Rod. My only hope for an entertaining finals is if Dan makes it to the top three so I can chant, "ROD! ROD! ROD! ROD!"

My big LOL moment was Dan's son calling Chase a scumbag with a real goombah accent. I spent the rest of episode calling the contestants scumbags.

Also, the weirdest bleeping ever -- Dan calls Chase a douchebag, but they bleep it. Not the word, but part of it. And not the douche part, but the bag. So he said, "he's a douche[*bleep*]".

How does that make any sense?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I wondered that too... when did "bag" become a bad word? :) If they had bleeped the whole thing, I guess.. but it was really weird as it was.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I almost forgot -- Fabio explaining the concept of the rhetorical question to Chase had me in stitches. Even funnier -- Chase didn't get it. At all.

Also, later in the evening on a different network, one of the chefs called someone a douchebag on Hell's Kitchen sans bleeping.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Russell Hantz must be kicking himself for not being cast in this season. He'd coast to an easy win competing against this collection of feeble-minded, mouth-breathers.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo Also, later in the evening on a different network, one of the chefs called someone a douchebag on Hell's Kitchen sans bleeping.

Could have been in the safe harbor time frame.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
These players are poor. Only thing saving the season is that the game concept of Survivor is good. Still liking the challenges they come up with this year for the combination of physical and mental strength.

Dan has no right to call anyone names. He sucks. Hasn't played the game for a single minute.

Best sign that the game players as a whole are terrible? That Jeff got so fed up at TC that he took one small little opening and basically interfered with the strategy of the players. He has never meddled like that before. He basically roadmapped Fabio, Jane and Dan a chance to break Sash, Holly and Chase, but they were too stupid to follow it. Dan was the biggest beneficiary there as one of the 3 man alliance will try to bring him in at the end so that the votes can go to two players instead of 3. I thought it was out of bounds for Jeff to do that much thinking for the players, but I'll live with it as the game needed a kick in the ass.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Hell's Kitchen is a Fox show and runs from 9pm-10pm. No Safe Harbor for them.

This season is so far off course that the Survivor with the most blurring isn't Purple Kelly, or Brenda, or Naonka. It's Jane. Jane the walking Slim Jim. And disturbingly, lots of crotch blurring at that. It's like karma lesson for all the watchers who wished with all their might that they didn't blur the show in the Amanda Kimmel days. Be careful what you wish for.

Look, once Jane threw the water in the fire, there was no turning back. That was a clear sign that Fabio, Dan, and Jane could not get their act together. But Jane is perceived to be the biggest threat in a final three. So why would Dan, who may get into the final three anyway because of his passivity, want to get into bed with Jane? Jeff was really just pointing out the obvious, but 99.999% of the time, the votes are locked in before the Survivors hit tribal. Plus, Fabio and Dan just didn't want to be in an alliance with Jane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks