What's new

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villians (season 20) official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight in the usual Thursday CBS 8 p.m. timeslot (EST) is a "Look back" at the previous 19 seasons of Survivor, aptly named "Surviving Survivor.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I recorded "Surviving Survivor" not really certain I was
going to watch it.

Well tonight I did.

Very interesting show. A real primer for someone
like myself that has only recently gotten into Survivor.
Learned much about the past 10 years and some of
the more notable contestants. Certainly gave me some
insight into the personalities that will be vying against
each other starting this upcoming week.

The only concerns I have is that I hope this all-stars
season remains "real." By that I mean it isn't like
we are starting off on an island with people who don't
know each other. The last thing I want to see are
Survivors with a celebrity mentality hamming it up
for the camera.

Looking forward to the premier.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I'm a little worried that CBS--in its promos--is already beating us over the head over-and-over-and-over-again with Russell's bravado that he is the best player of all time. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into Survivor: Russell II.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I agree. The same thing could have been a problem when they did All-Stars a few years back, but I still enjoyed that season and I think this time around might be even better.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk /forum/thread/296146/survivor-heroes-vs-villians-season-20-cast-list-spoilers#post_3659737

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually crammed like I was preparing for a final exam for this season, over the past month I watched all of the relevant seasons, the one's that are on DVD anyway, so that I would know these people lol.

Russell and Coach I already knew but many of them I didn't because they were from earlier seasons.

I'm primed and set, bring it on!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also meant to mention that the survivor I'll be rooting for most this season is Rupert, love that dude! He played his two back-to-back seasons with a lot of heart and strength (he ripped a tree down with his bare hands for cryin' out loud lol) and I came to regard him as my favorite of all time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You've got a lot of company with that assessment. Rupert is truly a fan favorite.

I looked at the cast list just now to see if I had a favorite. It's just such a fascinating group that I am really looking forward to it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My boy Rupert is pretty nonexistent so far I'm sorry to say, I hope that his toe doesn't put him out if the pain gets too bad.

That first challenge was both brutal and, well, hot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To this day, I'm not sure if there's another woman as hot as Amanda in the Survivor environment (no make-up, just natural looks), truly stunning, and this season is no different, nice lighting at tribal council for her, as well.

I've started fast-forwarding through most of the Russell confessional footage, same ol' crap from him. Blah blah blah.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't think a season of Survivor has gone by since I've joined the HTF that I haven't decried the increasingly violent challenges on the show. And somehow James got even beefier since last time.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
What the hell was going on in China that they constantly blurred her backside but it's perfectly acceptable now?

Not that I'm complaining...

Jerri and Coach. Ewwwwwwwwww! Maybe Hanson can show us what their offspring would look like.

As to which one.... take your pick.

Glad to see Sugar go! I absolutely hated Sugar on Gabon, and she pretty much ruined that season for me.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've always had the TV crush on Stephanie. She is amazing. Always been one of my favorite survivors.

Loving the season so far. For me this has the makings of being the best season ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks