What's new

Survivor Guatemala: Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I've watched the last few Survivors and really enjoyed them (from beginning to end). Somehow this season just hasn't really caught my attention. I don't really have anyone I am rooting for and I'm sort of bored. Even the challenges aren't all that great. I did like the basketball challenge. I felt bad for Steph when that one girl just stodd around and didn't do a thing to help her team. I think that will be Steph's downfall though. She is going to tick off the other girls and they will eventually get rid of her.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone see Brianna on the Early Show? She didn't defend herself very well. Made an excuse about the 114 degree heat and saving strength by doing little around the camp. Wonder why she was picked for Survivor in the first place.

MikeM

Screenwriter
I've been a fan of Survivor since the beginning. But you know this season is boring as all hell when they play up the idea of multiple people possibly going home at tribal council and I simply don't care either way.

This cast is a dud, and the challenges have been thus far boring as well.

I'll still keep watching I'm sure, (like the guy who has to see the second trilogy of Star Wars movies since I've invested so much time into this,) but all in all, this season stinks.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This season is much better than last year's Vanuatu IMHO.

It's that damn twist of having BJ and Steph return--I actually don't mind BJ, but Steph is really getting grating--she should have learned from Rupert's mistake; he lost a lot of popularity after doing two consecutive seasons.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
If anyone captures the show to MCE or similar setup (to where you could easily do a screen capture)- please drop me an email. I'm the sound editor for the show this season and I think I'm listed in the credits- and would love a screen cap.

-V

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Can't find you in there at all in the first three episodes unless you're using another last name.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I've watched every season and I've found that each year it just takes a little while to get into the season as the cast develops personality. It's just hard in the beginning to know who is who. I think the challenges this year, esp the basketball, tug of war and the 11 mile hike, have been pretty compelling.

You mean the mistake where the fans voted him a million dollars?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I never said he was stupid to go back on. But he lost a lot of fans (although obviously not enough).

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Well ... if you took a room full of people and offered them the choice of: (a) being a pseudo celebrity and being beloved by all until you were forgotten in a year or so or (b) being a slightly less liked pseudo celebrity for a year or so until you were forgotten, but with a million dollars ... I think Ruppert and I are both going to be in the really long line of people choosing option (b). :D Who cares about popularity. It doesn't get you anything, except for the very rare Elisabeth Hasselbecks that come along once in a hundred.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Right. What I meant was that very few of the survivors does anything after survivor. Elisabeth being the only one that has any kind of a lasting celebrity career outside of reality tv reunion gigs. Against that backdrop, give me the cold hard cash and I'll deal with my "fans" losing some of their love for me.

Larry*P

Agent
I think one of the problems this year so far is the lack of drama at TC. All 3 have been blowouts and easily predictable.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
And Colby had a bit part in the recent thriller Red Eye.

It always takes a few episodes of a new Survivor season to get into it. So far, I have no complaints about this season.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Richard Hatch has gained a bit of notoriety, although not the good kind. He and Susan Hawk (despite her accusation of sexual harassment by Hatch on the Survivor All-Stars) have appeared together on other game shows.

Hunter Ellis hosted a military show on the History Channel.

I seem to recall Rudy having something to do with a show on the History Channel.

Colleen appeared in a movie.

There's promotion on right now involving several survivor participants (including Ruppert) where if you photograph them in a particular vehicle, you are entered in a contest to win one of those vehicles (I think that's the deal).

Not the big time for any of them, but it is an extension of their 15 minutes.

MikeM

Screenwriter

Colby was in a classic episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Larry David was really nervous thinking he was going to be meeting a survivor from the Holocaust for dinner, and instead it was Colby from "Survivor".

Users who are viewing this thread