What's new

Survivor Guatemala: Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I though that the 11 mile hike was brutal but interesting to watch. I was wondering if anybody thinks that there might have been some off camara medical assistance rendered to some of those survivors.
Greg

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else think that Stephanie and Bobby John were put there as equalizers?

Keep the tribes on equal foot so that there won't be a blow out like last year? I think that Booby John (sp intentional) was 'acting' with the cramp thing and when Stephanie got her foot caught that looked kind of intentional as well.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I thought the same thing about Bobby Jon in the beginning.. "keep it close for the cameras" The Stephenie incident didn't appear that way to me, but who knows. Interesting stuff...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would vote no to each incident because they both want to win the money, and would not sabotage their tribes in such a manner. Bobby Jon's problem was a combo of carrying a boatload of stuff for 11 miles and the heat/humidity.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am as cynical as the next guy, but I wouldn't think the producers would risk getting caught trying to "rig" the show.

I think that they might have given some off-camera medical treatment (IV Fluids) to Bobby, but it would be debatable if that would be considered "rigging". This sort of thing probably happens all the time, behind the scenes on this show. If he was so dehydrated that he was semi-conscious, I doubt he would be better in few hours without an IV.

They have set the precedent before, when they helped Colleen out when her legs where getting infected by the sand flee bites. But they did mention it to the viewers.

James T

Screenwriter
Imagine a Pineapple throwing contest. Everyone is just chucking it and it's wobbling all over the place over/under the target and then Gary with no effort throws a perfect spiral and hits the target.

James T

Screenwriter
haha...no I never saw him play, but playing with a bunch of people rushing to sack you while trying to hit a moving target with coverage is tough. So if there's any throwing competition in Survivor, he'll have a huge advantage

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The two returnees.

If you're saying that's a twist, nope. A twist is something unexpected. The same ads that promised 2 twists mentioned that 2 players were coming back, so that's not a twist.

So I'm still wondering what the twists are... maybe they haven't been revealed yet.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
The way the commercials were worded, if memory serves, was that the contestants were expecting a twist, but instead of a twist there would be two. To me, that's not even a little misleading. It very obviously refers to Bobbi Jon and Steff.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I remember the ads saying "If you are expecting..." which would mean the viewer. (Who cares if something is a twist to the players?)

James T

Screenwriter
I'm trying my very best to stay away from spoilers this season, but I heard that the first episode is only the first spoiler. Further down, they'll be another one (at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.