What's new

Survivor Guatemala: Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I know the contest isn't open yet, but I'm hoping to get Danni as my pick. Yeah she may be a weak player but she is about 20 miles from where I grew up and she is a Chiefs, Royals and Jayhawks fan and works for my favorite sports talk radio channel when I go home to visit, 610 SPORTS. This is purely an emotional decision, not really based on good strategy, but I can't resist when she is even wearing KC Chiefs gear in her group photo. :) I find it hard to believe they have two people from Kansas this season, although the other one is a K-State fan. shudder...:cool:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
You can find The Early Show introduction, Jeff Probst's predictions for every player except Brian (guess he forgot about him), and interviews with 13 players here.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's true - two previous Survivor constestants, one male and one female, are being added to the group. Saw this on Saturdays Big Brother. The names have not been revealed.

Also, Jeff Probst said this was to be the toughest Survivor ever. Well, I hope so.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Well, we just found out how Bobby-Jon and Stephenie are involved. I'm not spoiling it yet, but it looks interesting so far...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the rumors were correct about the 2 mystery survivors. What's interesting is that:

Bobby Jon and Stephenie are split off to one of each of the tribes, and they are fully playing the game with the rest of the new cast. They are getting a do-over, a second chance in the game, unfortunately, most of the new cast know of them already, so they are known quantities and could simply get the boot the first them their respective tribes go to tribal council.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was the most anti-climatic tribal council ever...

I think Danni is way too "cut", she must have 5% body fat.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Why didn't Jeff read Jim's vote? Better yet, could anyone read Jim's vote? It looked like "Fruzgood" to me. ;)

It was a decent premiere but there really wasn't much going on. Brandon's definitely my favorite and my winner pick at this point.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I thought it was one of the better premieres ... except for the boring Tribal Council but that's just how it worked out. I do wish they spent a bit more time introducing everyone.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Normally, the first person eliminated is the bossy one or the one that tries to take charge. Even if Jim hadn't injured himself he was still likely to be the prime target. He wasn't going to fit in with that young crowd very well in the long run.

We learned almost nothing about Amy, Brian, Brianna, Jamie, Lydia, or Morgan.

Blake, Judd, and Bobby Jon demonstrated that big, muscular bodies need hydration more than slimmer, lower mass bodies. The explanations about the women simply having more endurance ignored this important factor.

Bobby Jon and Brandon could have a dumb-off and take years to determine a winner.

Margaret's stock has shot way up. Nothing seemed to phase her at all, and she showed some real crisis leadership capability. Hopefully she'll be able to strategize as well as I expect her to survive.

I think the monkeys interpreted Blake's vomiting as a mating call.

CBS is trying to frustrate internet forum members by naming the tribes Yaxhá and Nakúm. Ha! I found the necessary ascii characters to foil their plan!

Brandon's "premature evacuation" comment was not nearly as entertaining as James' redneck commentary last season, but he's showing potential.

Danni makes me want to quote Homer Simpson: "Cakes. Football. Boobies." :D

Finally, who decided that it should be called the "Maya Empire"? Hasn't it always been "Mayan"?

Brad

James T

Screenwriter
I didn't think this episode was anything special. I liked that Bobby Jon and Steph got another chance(although Steph really went as far as she could have gone in the previous Survivor). Having both those players back again shouldn't change anyone's strategy. They played the game the first time around as straight as anyone could play. If it was Rob and Amber coming back, then that would be a differnt story.

I think Bobby Jon's tribe is going to bounce back big in the next few games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.