What's new

Survivor: Gabon - Season 17 (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Wasn't there a season where one team was completely obliterated leaving one woman, who had to then join the other tribe - thus merging? It would have been an early season. Perhaps the mixups are to prevent such a situation from happening again.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was Palau (season 10). There really wasn't any need for two switch-ups IMHO, but Marcus getting the boot really jump-started the streak of excellent episodes so I can't complain.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The season ends this coming Sunday. Prize package (for the Challenge) being assembled. Details to follow in that thread.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

What sport was she in? I'm surprised she is described as "Olympic medalist" rather than "Olympic swimmer" or whatever sport she did.

Didn't she say she was keeping her Olympic history a secret from the others?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
For those currently entered in our HTF Survivor Gabon Top Ten Challenge - I just posted the prize package over in the contest thread (Message #51). 6 titles - 3 of them Blu-ray. Not too shabby for a little home grown contest!

It's coming down to the wire....

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that had to be the best Tribal Councl in Survivor history.

Loved watching the jury members as they bagan to catch on to what was coming up.

Pricess watching Randy realizing he'd been duped by Bob. :D

Surprising Chrystal was such a back stabbing snake ready to turn on Bob if he gave the idol to Kenny. She was actually fairly classy and polite when leaving.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of the most satisfying episodes of all time. Maybe not the "best"...but certainly the most satisfying. One can only imagine how Kenny feels about being "outplayed."

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
That was gold, Jerry! Gold!

Seriously, IMO one of the best episodes of all time. Sugar rocks so hard its not even funny. I will not miss Crystal, and speaking of Bob - holy crap! What a contender!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Agreed! This was a rockin' episode! Never thought Crystal would
be the person going home --- but if you have been keeping up with
my posts then you can imagine how satisfied I am with the vote this
week.

You know, I am still a skeptic about this show. It really seems to
me that there are so many unbelievable twists and turns that seem
too obvious to be just coincidental.

I know some reality shows have writers on them. In other words,
they aren't reality shows at all. This was the first time I watched
the ending credits which was kind of neat in itself as I never knew
they showed who voted for who. More importantly, the one thing
I did not notice (through the racing credits) was a list of "writers."
So, therefor, I continue to have this leap of faith that the show is
not being scripted and that what we are watching is indeed "reality."

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Tribal Council was stellar but my favorite moment was when Sugar told Matty to let her do the thinking. Sugar is awesome -- love her.

Kenny is done.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I had problems with my DVR so I only started watching right when Bob won the immunity challenge and boy, was I surprised to see Sugar give Matty the immunity idol. Kenny's look of surprise was funny as hell.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Man, Sugar is definitely a great Survivor! Since the beginning she has been playing everyone! I love it!

I'm torn between wanting Bob or Sugar to win this. They have both been doing fantastic out there and while I love Sugar and think she is one master player, I just adore Bob and think it would be great for him to walk away with it all.

Kenny's look when Sugar gave him the idol was priceless. You could see his face go from cocky, to confused to completely deflated when Sugar told Matty " Do what you will with this cursed thing". LOVED IT!

I will say that I was a bit confused by Corinnes reactions. I thought she hated Sugar. She seemed so sparked that the game play had switched up. I didn't get it.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
YESSSSSS (awkward middle aged white guy fist pump) One of the most satisfying tribal councils ever. I was a big fan of Kenny, who used resourcefulness to keep himself in charge, but became so cocky he couldn't imagine anyone turning on him or his alliance. Sugar played the game superbly, engineering every phase of Crystals ouster. I can't imagine Bob had any intention of giving Kenny the necklace after Sugars talk. She was telling him not to give it to Kenny or even to her, but to keep it. Stay safe. That's a no brainer for Bob. The coup de grace was Sugar giving Matty the idol necklace. Pure poetry watching mastermind Kenny get his comeupance. Now I would be content with four of the remaining five winning. Bob and Sugar are my favorites: good players and decent people. Then Matty, a nice guy with potential to win challenges, then Kenny who though he got too big for his britches still played a losing hand into a long run of success. Only Suzie doesn't deserve the win, though she has been smart enough to swing her votes to the rising alliances and keep herself safe.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I echo everyone's thoughts here. Lot of fun to watch and and cheer them on. However ... it was potentially a bad play by Sugar. She could have loaded up the final three with herself, Crystal, Kenny or maybe Susie and she would have gotten all the votes. Great move for good guys everywhere, but potentially bad strategy if you are trying to win. She will have to use this "turning point" as a strong argument in her plea for votes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but what the "F" was
up with Randy's head? Was that a mohawk that SOB was sporting?

I also agree that Suzie has overstayed her welcome. What the
heck is she still doing in this game? What does she do well....collect
fire wood?!

Seems like everyone like Bob and Sugar. No surprise. They are both my
favorites. However, Sugar looks sexier with less clothing so guess who I want to win!

ronshit_lovesmiley.jpg

...and yes, Kenny needs to go next. He has become very unlikable.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I've really enjoyed this season. But then again, I enjoy each and every season.

I too liked Kenny's resourcefulness. But think he may have a tough time now.

If the final 3 is Sugar, Matty and Bob, I think it will be very interesting as you have 3 deserving winners, and all 3 might get votes. If I remember correctly, most of the time only 2 of the final 3 get votes.

Off topic: For a future season, what if they had no teams at all! From the beginning, just 18 playing for individual immunity.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't want to see the teams abandoned for an all individual game. One of the pleasures of this game is the contrast of team strategy vs. individual strategy. As a member of a team, it pays to be strong, perform well in challenges, get along well with your team, contribute. That helps your team win and protects you from elimination if your team loses. Those same qualities put a target on your back in individual play. My complaint with the endless reshuffling of teams this season is it made the whole idea of team play moot. Being part of a strong team, building alliances within that team doesn't mean much if the teams are repeatedly scrambled. You end up with only individual play.

Oh and this wasn't such a bad move for Sugar. The jury is full of Kota members. Did you see their joy when Sugar turned the tables on Kenny and Crystal? She has a tough fight to win a jury vote against Bob or Matty but this move would improve her chances against Kenny or Suzie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks