What's new

Survivor: Cook Islands (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well I guess I am the only one that hasn't seen the commercials.

I was talking to some people today at work that normally watch Survivor and most of them didn't even realize that it started tonight. I must admit they had all seen commercials as well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So far it looks like it is the individual races that are perpetuating their own stereotypes. I know things are all in the editing, but still.

I don't know what the big deal with the races is anyway. If this is like past seasons (or another Burnett show, the Apprentice), they will mix up the tribes in 2-3 more episodes anyway

Looks like Flicka may be first on the chopping block for the "Caucaisians"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking 3 tribes lose a person tonight (the winning tribe stays intact), and then next week, the same thing, which gets us down to 14 people after 2 tribal council sessions.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode; nothing special. The races thing didn't seem to matter after about 15 minutes. But they handled it pretty well I thought. Was hoping that Sundra would get the boot over Sekou, but still, decent stuff. Looks like another good season.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember them giving the first tribe to Tribal Council fire like that before. I thought they always had to earn it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It is just another way the producers help to keep the teams even.

I really believe that it is all rigged. The producers make the challenges and reward in such a way that will favor one team or another to help keep the show interesting. I see it every season.

They knew that the yellow team would die if they didnt get fire, so they made the call to help them out. You will see this type of thing almost every week.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I am somewhat in agreement with this in that I do suspect that the producers may manipulate things to keep things in a way that they want. Not to sound too un-P.C., but I suspect that the game will be set up to favor the minorities over the caucaisians. They are already in enough hot water over the premise alone. Their biggest sponsor pulled out over it (come on, if you believe the "story" that it was decided even before all this was revealed, I have a bridge I can sell you). But, who knows, I could be talking out of my ass. We'll see, I suppose.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Oh my god, are we all going to be crying "it's rigged" here too. Jesus.

Brad is hot.

And that's all I'm saying until we move past the whole "everything's rigged" conspiracy theories.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Ok...By far Cao Boi is the most interesting person I have seen on Survivor in a while...I hope he lasts well into this, because after the racial tensions die down...this cast sucks...and the show will get extremely boring

And my friend flicka??? what the hell were you thinking...she has got to go.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I think Stephannie made a mistake in voting out Sekou - the bond between Sundra and Rebecca is something to be concerned about, and should be nipped in the bud. But we see this a lot, especially in the early stages of the game: people not voting strategically but based on "annoyance" lines and such.

The Caucasian and Latina tribes had just about zero screen time, outside of the challenge. I guess all the interesting stuff was happening with the Asian and African-American tribes.

Jessica was an idiot for letting the chickens go, but she's hot. I hope she's around for a while.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Interesting episode. Not great, but interesting. That girl letting the chickens escape and then watching all of them chasing them was funny. There's no way in hell they can catch a chicken out in the open like that.

The big fat latino dude saying how ironic it was that his parents were paddling away from the island and them going back to it was funny too.

I agree, Cao Boi is the most interesting character so far. That can't be his real name can it? cowboy???? lol.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Parvoti is hot! And a fellow University of Georgia alum as well. Don't know if she'll win but she has my vote. :)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I had to read this twice. Our opinion in women is just as different as those tribes.

Coi Boi is great. At least from the first show he is my favorite guy. As mentioned by other people this show hasn't had any stand out people in a while and this guy is wild. I like him and hope he stays around for a while. He had me laughing at the start with the "Asian Invasion".

Apparently "Day Two" was one boring day because unless I missed something "Team represent" was the only one they showed.

At tribal council I thought it was funny how Nathan was all upset that Sekou was voted out then immediately started smiling and laughing when Jeff gave them flint. It didn't take him long to get over Sekou getting the boot.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Cao Boi is an instant classic, I love that guy.

His tribemate's reaction was the best I've seen in a long long time. "Well, I don't have a headache any more, but now I have a red mark on my forhead."

And yes, Survivor is "rigged" in that the producers don't pick the contestants and then stand back to see what happens; they constantly fiddle with everything about the 'contest'. What is and isn't said, whether or not the host calls out certain people or actions to make sure everyone focuses on them (example, the chicken stealing), and of course the challenges and their rewards are decided as the game goes along...

It would be a must-see show if they kept their hands off. I watch because some friends do when I'm over, and it's merely light entertainment at best because of the incessant meddling.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I still wonder if some competitors have ever watched Survivor before. Don't they know it's not a good idea to be either bossy or annoying, especially in the early stages.

A leader should emerge from the group, usually with basic agreement from the other members. It's not advisable to say "Hey, I'm the leader" right away.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Highly unlikely. The challenges are too elaborate to design and set up "on the fly". They have to be done well in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks