What's new

Survivor: China (Survivor #15) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Dave Zoolander :laugh:

He also reminded me of Vince Vaughn and that's how VV would act if he was in a movie about Survivor!

The other guy in the tribe (Erik?) reminded me of Jim Caviezel.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
There is just so much stupidity I can take...like:

- Let's build our camp in a low swamp land that is full of mud - I'm waiting for this team to come up with trench foot from slopping around in the mud. Move your stupid camp....
- While discussing what to do - lets stand out in the open during a rainstorm, while there are tree's that you could have gone under and had the same discussion.
- We have flint - but instead of making a temporary fire and cooking some food - we are going to do heavy labor and make a stone fire pit first. Why not build two fires? - One to get everyone fed and their energy up, then you can make a better one.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
How NOT to be voted out in the early days of Survivor:

1. Don't be annoying
2. Don't be bossy
3. Don't be gross
4. Don't have earrings in your lips
5. Don't be lazy

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"Also, in the recap, the Christian talk show host said, "it says in the bible that thou shalt not bow before other gods". Please settle an argument between myself and my wife -- unless this is expressed somewhere in the Bible other than the 10 Commandments, she basically made up her own commandment (it's actually "thou shalt not have any other gods before me") and then stuck to it literally"

There are several passages in the bible about not bowing down before false Gods...she did not make this up.

Here are a few of them:

Exodus 20:4-6

4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments."

Leviticus 26:1-3

1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God. "

Deuteronomy 8:18-20

19" If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed. 20 Like the nations the LORD destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the LORD your God"

2 Kings 17:35

35 "When the LORD made a covenant with the Israelites, he commanded them: "Do not worship any other gods or bow down to them, serve them or sacrifice to them."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If by "lay low" means to be curled up on the ground in a fetal position, then yes, I guess she did indeed lay low. Ashley spent the first couple of days puking and doing nothing.

Then she spent the next three days fighting with Dave. Now, I have no love for Dave - he seems to be a real asshole, but I took Ashley's passive-aggressive "just tell me what to do" as a way to not do anything. That was alternated with hostile and loud arguing, which I would not consider lying low in the metaphorical sense. Hey, it's always the editing, but I didn't see her doing much around camp even when she got out of the fetal position. So in terms of sheer contribution, Dave grossly outpaced Ashley.

Also, I really didn't see Ashley do much in the challenges. The previews last week made it seem like she was going to step up during the reward challenge, but she actually didn't do anything other than flail around and get blurred. I guess that what you get from a FAKE wrestler.

I will apologize to my wife. Thanks for the info.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I thought the same thing. I'll bet her originals (now in a box somewhere, I take it) were probably way better. The rest of her was quite nice though. Darn.

I liked the challeges this week a lot. The past few seasons I'd leave the room while those were on and just kind of listen. But the thing with the giant balls was like an orgy in a mud bog. It's a pretty thing to watch. I'd love to see it without all the blotches.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

I think Judd's (from Survivor: Guatemala) reaction was better:

"Thanks, guys. I hope you guys get bit by a freakin' crocodile. Scumbags."

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

I KNOW, RIGHT?

The fact that the other people of the tribe sat around and let him be bossy and condescending doesn't make me feel bad for them. Step up people and take charge of your camp yourself then. If you don't like how things are going, change them. Vote for another leader.

Marianne

Supporting Actor

I thought I heard Ashley say (to Dave) "I'll see you later" as she was leaving tribal council. Maybe she's going to kick his ass?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I hate to fall back on "editing", but the bottom line is no matter how bad Dave looked to you, Ahsley was unanimously voted out by her tribemates (including her two "friends"). I think that speaks volumes about their relative contributions and worth. I don't really like the guy either and he could/should be next to go, but I don't know the last time I was pulling so hard for a contestant to leave this early in the game. Ashley physically replused me. At one point, my wife asked me what was wrong. It turned out I had this sour look on my face and I had made an "ugh" noise. That was because of Ashley.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Well that didn't last long did it? 1 whole week.

The hidden immunity idol didn't bother me once or so, but after I read your comment, I realized too that it would be nice to have some games that were just "free for all" again. (At least its not as unforgiveable as that one season where someone got to come back after being voted off - totally unfair in my opinion).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just a reminder for those interested to submit your HTF Survivor:China Top Ten Challenge List no later than 8pm EDT this Thursday (10/4/07) if you want to be eligible to win. Full details are in the rules in this thread (a sticky at the top of this section).

You've got to be in it to win it (unless you are an HTF moderator in which case it's only for the glory).

:D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying this season but I'm already getting tired of the extreme physical challenges. One or two over the entire season is great; two in the first three episodes? Not so much.

Dave taking off his shorts was a bit much, and considering the whole Rich Hatch/Sue Hawk fiasco in All-Stars, I was surprised that Probst allowed it. I understand Dave's strategy, but in a physical contact challenge...it's not cool.

The one big problem with this season is that, besides Dave (and from the looks of the preview next week, maybe Sherea too), all of the interesting people are on Fei Long. Jean-Robert was a dick, but I'm glad he stuck around just because he has an interesting storyline, whereas Leslie seemed too friendly for her own good. It was nice that they didn't do the typical "religious person = hypocrite" edit...I had enough of that with Jameka on Big Brother this year.

Courtney for the win!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to see Courtney go because she is very near KK(Keira Knightley) skinny, and really needs to eat something substantial.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Todd wants to play politics of the weak so badly, but in this phase of the game (pre-merge), he has little options as far as going after J-R.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Todd's a weasel, not rooting for him at all.

I don't know why stripping to your birthday suit is allowed in full contact challenges. That's just too gnarly to have to deal with in pursuit of $1 million bucks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I really cringe at those full contact challenges...and not just because guys get naked. :D

There is just way too much possibility for people getting hurt and I can't believe that more don't. Some woman's head took a real hard hit into the deck during that challenge tonight. I'm also surprised there's not more people that get really ticked off during the heat of the competition and smack-down another contestant. :thumbsdown:

Re: Dave getting naked. It's kinda weird that they don't have him explain why he does it...and there is very little reaction from anyone afterward (that we see).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks