Survivor Africa (and Survivor Marquesas)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Anderson, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I know we will never see box sets but will Survivor Africa ever be release like the first two?

2. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

And if this ever gets released, please try to include a lot more footage on the challenges and less audition footage. The audition footage just took up too much space on the last two and really broke up the flow too much.

3. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

No plans, sorry.

4. Frank Anderson

Damn

5. Daniel Kikin

Ditto, Frank.

6. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

This thread was missed http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=45958
    No Plans????
    I don't think the 16 people who were on that show will be very happy about this news. I would very much like to have a Survivor 3 disc. I guess the others didn't sell well enough.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I honestly think the only way these will sell is if they contain gratuitous nudity. I can't think of any other reason to pick them up.

8. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

Paramount, when Survivor Marquesis comes to DVD, which it likely will - please make it a double case that contains a bonus Survivor Africa DVD inside. Thanks.

9. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Lafe,

I think that there won't be any more Survivor DVDs, otherwise they would make one of Africa. The first 2 didn't sell very well.

I think most "reality" programming is basically throw-away, people watch it once and then the suspense is gone, and since there's no narrative, no real desire to watch it again.

10. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

Jeff, you could very well be correct. I'm not sure of the exact sales figures of the first two Survivor DVDs.

I'm not sure if the reason there was no Survivor Africa DVD was because of the sales of the first two - or the abysmal television viewer ratings Survivor Africa got.

11. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator

12. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'd be interested in picking up a Marqueses edition of Survivor on DVD. The series is the best it's been since Palua Tiga. Australia was just alright, and Africa was less interesting still. Marqueses is as good as or better than the first. I'd be very happy to pick up a DVD of this season's highlights.

13. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I think that if Paramount released each season in their entirety on three discs AND included relevant never before seen scenes, then people would buy (but perhaps not in huge numbers).

That said, there are MANY more Paramount TV properties I wish they'd work on before working on Survivor. Police Squad and Andy Richter Controls the Universe for instance.

14. Frank Anderson

15. Daniel Kikin

I also think season sets would have sold much better, especially if they included extra footage from the show. The main problem with the first two DVD's is that the only extra footage was from the audition tapes of the contestants, which I really don't care about that much.

However, like Frank said, I still bought them to show support hoping to eventually see season sets.

16. Frank Anderson

Ok I just finished watching Survivor 4 reunion (with Rosie O'Donnell [​IMG] ) and she said all the survivors were going to get Survivor 1 through 4 DVD's! How can I get mine?

17. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Frank, they were probably made for internal use only. You have to become buddies with someone at CBS involved with the show is my guess

18. Daniel Kikin

I was also thinking they are internal DVD's but that doesn't stop me from coveting them! It's really unfair to announce something like that's not available to the public. At least if you want the cars they won, you could go out and get them.

19. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I thought Rosie was great.

I'd love to pick up a Survivor 4 DVD!

20. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I looked at the recap Survivor discs but I didn't pick them up because there wasn't enough stuff I hadn't already seen. Now, if they included the CBS Early Show interviews on the discs I would grab them.

I think it's all about giving the consumer something they haven't seen.

Gord