What's new

SURVIVOR 3 - comments (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
For all of you that are amused by the antics of Linda you should make a trip to her hometown of Cambridge, MA if you're ever in Boston. Cambridge is also known as the "Free Republic of Cambridge" and I swear if they could secede from the state of Mass they would. I hope that I'm not breaking any forum rules when I say that the place is filled with nut jobs. I know, I lived there for a year while my wife was finishing up her graduate studies at Harvard.
I don't mean to classify all Cantabrigians (the name they use for themselves on occasion) as nut jobs. There just happens to be an incredibly high concentration of them there. My wife and I were watching the show and when Linda started talking about mother Africa and spirits we looked at each other and said 'typical Cambridge'.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!
[Edited last by Jim_C on October 28, 2001 at 12:38 AM]

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
my question is how long will that water remain 'clean'? big metal drum sitting in the sun, so in a couple more days they might have to start boiling it anyway (but at least it shouldn't have dirt and crud in it)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
By the way...the "youngens" are not Generation X. I'm 29 years old and I'm at the very low end of the Gen-X age spectrum. They are "Generation Next" or Gen-Y as some people say. Please don't insult Gen-X by lumping them in with us.
I couldn't agree more.
icon14.gif

Jon

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Survivor 11/01/01
Spoiler:Moran tribe puled out a narrow victory for immunity, so the Sambo tribe will have boot up another one. My guess it'll have to be Linda that gets the boot, I think Teresa will be safe for this week because Linda is freaking out the young'uns. .
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on November 01, 2001 at 07:42 PM]

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Spoiler:As the episodes play out, the old'uns of Sambo tribe will totally poison any of those tribemates chances in the merge. I can see either of the 2 old'uns saddle one vote each for Brandon and Kim Powers when Sambo has to vote out another member. So when the merge occurs, and a tie comes about, all of the Sambo's will be vulnerable, but only Clarence will be the vulneable one.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Spoiler:I just find it amazing how up front the Sambo kids have been with the booting process, but then again, the dwindling geritol gang would have pursued this line as well if they were in power, but I wonder if the kids would have been as vindictive. It's like the Sambo tribe played like they were already in a merged tribe. Strategically, the personalities just didn't mesh enough for fluid relationships to develop between cliques within the tribes, as it were in the previous 2 Survivors.
Anyhow, I'm more than convinced that the eventual winner will come out of the Moron tribe.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Answer: The Samburu Four.
Question: What group of people are so arrogant and annoying that they surpass Jerri from Survivor Two?
I sincerely hope that they are, in fact, too young to be considered Gen X. If they ARE Gen X then I'm embarrassed to be part of that group. The only things the old'uns are guilty of are hard work and expecting the young'uns to carry their fair share of the weight. I couldn't believe the audacity of Lindsey upon return from last weeks Tribal council. Spoiler:"You people that get up early need to be patient. The others that stay up late need their sleep". She just started dictating terms and telling people not to F*** with her. Good lord.
I will be truely sad if one of the Samburu Four end up in the Final Four.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Spoiler:Give the Sambo-4 a rope and they'll surely hang themselves. Of those four only Kim could possibly survive under the radar long enough in a merged tribe to have a chance. The other 3 are just to grating and lazy. I can't say I'm dissapointed to see Linda go though.It's amazing how the Moron tribe has gelled these last two weeks. Very little infighting and really nice teamwork in the challenges.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
Did the show have a "cold" open? There was no recap here in Portland. I'm wondering if the local station sold extra spots and covered it.
All the in-fighting does make for a very different Survivor.
I'm hooked again.
LARUE
[Edited last by LARUE on November 02, 2001 at 01:04 AM]

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It seems to me that, in part, what started the fracturing of Samburu was the older group being fairly obvious that they were dividing along those lines. They showed their cards too quickly, so to speak, and ended up awakening the younger group. If old Samburu had quietly picked off one of the young ones and then approached Silas, they wouldn't have endangered themselves like they have. Instead, out of cockiness, they overplayed their hand, which made the younger team bond stronger than they might have.
I still think Theresa will prove to be the key. I would not be surprised to see her join up with some of the others. I don't think Silas is as safe as he thinks. I'm tired of Frank's complaining about the younger tribe members. He strikes me as someone who wants things done his way right now. Obviously he's getting resistance from those he is bossing. That said, Lindsey must think she's on The Real World or something. The best way to stay alive in this game is not to shake the boat. Seems like she's done that from day one.
Kim seems to be on the best terms with the older members. Brandon appears to be laying low. Silas and Lindsay don't have a chance.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Withnail and I: The Criterion Collection

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brandon's little speech about the kids being his family doesn't quite push him under the radar.
I was laughing hard when Linda tried to give Lindsay a hug, and Lindsay got seriously 'bowed up when Linda hugged her. But Linda had to go, she is just too annoying as well, and without the numbers behind her, she made herself too big a target. At least the kids know they need Frank more than they need the sanctimonious screeds of Linda.
Survivor is sounding like it's going become "cut-throat" (like the billiards game). It's rumored that the remaining 12 survivors will be split into 3 teams of 4. We'll see next week.
If they don't do the 3-way tribe thing, Survivor will be very boring:
If the merge is 2 immunity challenges away, it's totally possible that the Sambo's can enter the merge with the 4 kids, and they'd be eaten up in the merge. And that'd be a month of "ho-hum", and then when it's down to 6 from the Moron tribe, I would fully expect the 2 girls to go, and then "It's Awwnnn!!!!!" among the 4 guys, but Clarence would be the first to go due to him having votes on him. And then the final 3 would be goat-man, tattoo man, and soccer dude.
Even if they merged even at 5 and 5, (I see both Teresa from Sambo and Kim Johnson from Moron getting the boot), if somehow neither Clarence or Silas gets immunity (I can envision another stamina challenge like standing on a pole) the Sambo's will probably vote off Clarence due to his physique/speed/power, and the Morons will vote off Silas because he's the strongest on that side, but I think Silas will have more votes against him than Clarence, so then, the Morons will be in the driver seat, and the only way for a Sambo to survive is to win immunity from challenge to challenge, but I don't see the Sambo kids being able to win any challenges, so they'd get the boot rather quickly until you are left with the 5 Morons and perhaps Frank. But Frnak won't make it past any Moron unless he wins immunity. But I still think it'll end up with mostly Morons in the final 4.
------------------

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
The previews for next week say that theres something that is going to change survivor forever.
Now a while back I heard on the radio that at the merge they would not be put into one group (probably because after it happened last season you instantly knew who the final three would be) but instead they would be split into three groups.
Makes sense if you think about it, there are now only 12 members left and that would be three teams of four (two from each tribe) and add to the group dynamics greatly. If this does happen it truely would be anybodys game.
I'm so happy that Linda is gone, I don't feel like hearing "Mother Africa" stuff anymore.
------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well that is an interesting possibility, 3 tribes of 4. Atleast it will be more open for the next little while, because as Patrick said, the next 6 shows could be pretty boring.
------------------
My DVD Collection

GARY C

Second Unit
I think the only way the 'split into 3 tribes' thing will work (or at least be interesting to watch) is if it's done at random.
If the 'kids' from samburu get split up at random it will make for some fun to see how they plan to team up with thier new tribesmates and how they plan to get back together with thier old ones.
Unless this split is permanent (as in they stay as three tribes until the final three enter the last 2h episode).
It would make for an interesting time. I would like to see how Silas and Lindsey would cope with having to make new friends especially if Teresa or Frank is in thier group also.
It might make for better viewing IMO. As it is (unless they were really stupid) the Morons have the advantage. If they would have gone in 5/5 or 6/4 to the split we all know what would have happened.
This way the game is going to have to change. The only bad way I can see it going is if they allow the people to choose how the groups split up. The the 4 'kids' will most likely end up as one.
------------------
If you can't learn to do something right, learn to enjoy doing it poorly!
[Edited last by GARY C on November 02, 2001 at 09:34 AM]

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Interesting comments, guys.
I too think that those 4 younger ones (they're 23, 25, 27 and 29, would you believe it, they act like they're 15) are annoying as hell, but I was happy to see Linda go.
Why wouldn't Lindesy hug Linda? Because she was acting like a crazy person! At that moment Linda seemed like she could literally have stabbed Lindsey in the back with a knife if Lindsey had hugged her back, she seemed to be completely insane...
but those 4 idiots need to shut up and move on. Why Lindsey was so pissed that she got votes was beyond me. She voted for Carl, for christs sake, it's only a game. Idiot.
Good for Kim J that Boran won the immunity. This was, if I remember correctly, the second challenge she has lost for them. Right now, she seems like a real liability to that tribe.
Now is when the show starts getting interesting, the first 4 eliminations are basically just a warm up round... I can't wait to see what's in store for next week. If it's like you guys say, that they'll be split up into 3 teams, that'll be cool. I hope the Idiot 4 will not all be in one of those teams!
Did you know that Goat Farmer Tom and Phone Tech Frank are only 3 years apart? Tom is 46, Frank is 43. I would have guessed Tom was close to 60.
By the way, Kim P is the cutest of the bunch this year. Not that there's much competition.
/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was universally accepted that Kim Powers was the "hottie/cutie" of the bunch from the get-go, plus, she's the most articulate of the Sambo's.
When the HTF Survivor 3 game started up, everyone wanted to get Kim Powers. :)
BTW, speaking of Linda acting like a crazy person, remember when she drink the blood, and then stuck her tongue out, she looked like a minion of the devil incarnate! :)
------------------

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
All the fogeys have to do the next two tribal councils is vote for Brandon so the 3 most annoying people on the show would have 3-4 votes against them and lose any tiebreaker.
So far the only person that is remotely likeable on the show is Ethan (and maybe Kelly).
I never thought I would miss Jerri so much. If she were on the show now, she would be our Elizabeth!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks