What's new

SURVIVOR 3 - comments (2 Viewers)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought about it long and hard, and with great difficulty, I have concluded that I would rather be subjected to witnessing an obese goat farmer dancing with a feather in his ass than have to suffer through any more of Linda's new-age non sequiturs. I am now rooting for the "Morons".
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
If the remaining elder Samburus were smart (and I'm not saying they are), they would put Silas back on their side by losing the next immunity challenge on purpose. The deal would then be that Silas votes off one of the youngers or the elders will continue to forfeit immunity challenges. The four young ones would then go into the merge ripe for picking off by the six Borans. The elders wouldn't win the million but they could guarantee that the brats didn't either.
[Edited last by Christopher Bosley on October 26, 2001 at 09:42 AM]

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the one I can't really stand is Linda and her "you got to respect the spirits in Africa" mumbo jumbo. She's just too smug to stick around.

I agree. But it's even worse, she calls it "Mother Africa". Is she black, or does she just feel some connection to Africa anyway? She doesn't look black to me, just like a white girl with a tan.
Good episode.
/Mike

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Is it too much to ask that Linda gets fed to the prowling lions? I agree with Patrick - I would rather watch Thomas the goat lover running around with a feather stuck in his ass (why did he do that?), than here Linda spout off again about "Mother Africa" and from the looks of things for next episode I think she'll go next.
------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe no one has mentioned the 60 year old woman in the thong. I called in sick to work today because of the flashbacks.
[Edited last by Chuck Schick on October 26, 2001 at 12:01 PM]

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Chuck,
Goat farmer with a feather up fuzzed out butt crack or old old woman with thong. Both are very bad pictures I wish I never would have seen.
So who on Boran is gonna waste water by having a 25 minute shower? Picture goat farmer suddsing it up and Clarence walking up for a drink ... They need some controversy over the water at some point.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Daryl-
This is true, although the goat farmer's ass was blurred out and made it far less offensive. What you said reminds me of the Simpsons where Homer and Flanders are straded at sea and Homer keeps using the canteen water to wash his socks. I think that there are big problems afoot.
And I totally agree about Linda- what an obnoxious woman... give her the boot.
I think that the idea about the older 3 in Samburu throwing the challenges is a good one, but Frank might think that is a bad idea. He has to know that her will get voted off last of the 3, and probably team up with Silas thereafter to vote off Brandon and the girls.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the young Sambo's just got incredibly lucky in the tie-break, which could have gone either way. Fate just happened to screw the oldies.
Carl has no one to blame but himself for opening his big yap, and letting people know about his expensive cars and dentistry practice, and lifestyle. He should have played it like Rodger from Survivor 2 where he just played the country shop teacher (but he had been a bank president, and quite well off financially).
I would think it'd be funny if the oldies just sat back and let the young Sambo's go get the water, do the cooking, etc. Plus Brandon and Kim P. will have to be in the next challenge while one of the other Sambo's sits it out (more work for Brandon and Kim P.)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Chuck,
Linda is a serious whacko. But I wonder what Lindsey did to further provoke her. The preview showed Linda 'bowing before' Lindsey, so this can only get uglier between them.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, next week looks great. Too bad there really aren't too many lookers this season for us guys- I did like Jessie, but all that throwing up was a bit of a turnoff. It will be good to see Frank start kissing ass when they toss the next adult (I'm hoping for Linda).
This season really needed a Jenna or Colleen to like and a Jerri to hate- but so far I'm giving big thumbs up. How easy did the island survivors have it over these people? Clean water was supplied before, wasn't it?
And the master schemer hasn't shown his/her face yet like Richard or Colby. I'll bet it will be that Lex guy in the coming weeks- he seems pretty solid.
[Edited last by Chuck Schick on October 26, 2001 at 02:30 PM]

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
And the master schemer hasn't shown his/her face yet like Richard or Colby
I agree that a master schemer has yet to be revealed, but Colby was not a master schemer, IMHO. He just found himself in the driver's seat by being the swing vote between rival factions in his tribe and winning a gajillion challenges which kept him safe and allowed the voting to go the way he wanted by keeping immunity away from others.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ken-
Colby didn't share his schemes with the camera the way Richard did, but he had his plan all laid out. He did keep saying that he was there to play the game and that was it... after all, he had a chance to deflower Jerri during their reward time on that resort island. Instead he used the opportunity to gather some shells for the girls and kiss up to them when he got back.
He wasn't as smart as Richard, but he was the best at playing the game in Season 2. Letting Tina stay instead of Keith was his only mistake- but I think making sure Keith didn't get a cent of the second place money was important enough to him to risk the million dollars.
[Edited last by Chuck Schick on October 26, 2001 at 03:24 PM]

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I hope the whole Sambura tribe gets wiped out. The dentist was the only one who was tolerable. If I was one of the fogeys, since I know that the gen-x-ers are going to knock us all out, I'd tell the other tribe that Lindsey has 4 votes against her and tank all the challenges. Why stay out in the deserts of Africa with a bunch of assholes for a couple more grand when you could spend the next 3 or 4 weeks staying at resort or going on safari?
Also, there isn't a good looking woman in the bunch (I didn't think Jessie was all that attractive). I'll continue to watch, but so far this is the worst of the three.
I guess I'll root for Ethan causer he has that whole Tim Buckley kind of vibe.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Larry-
Maybe you'd be better off watching "Inside Schwartz"- it's on at the same time
wink.gif

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
By the way...the "youngens" are not Generation X. I'm 29 years old and I'm at the very low end of the Gen-X age spectrum. They are "Generation Next" or Gen-Y as some people say. Please don't insult Gen-X by lumping them in with us.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Not to get off topic- but "Inside Schwartz" is one of the worst sitcoms I have ever seen- and I'm old enough to remember "A.K.A Pablo"

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
OK...so why was it acceptable to show the aged ass-in-the-thong shots, but Thomas' feather-butt gets the blur? Is it the crack itself that is potentially offensive? Or a gender double standard? Something tells me that if Thomas was in a thong, his pasty-white ass would still get blurred.
(Note to all: Please understand that I was grateful for the blur...just would have been (nearly as) thankful for a blur over the thong.)
Jon
------------------
--Owner of the North American rights to the small-orange-for-a-head joke. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/005319.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks